Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New to board...Stefan Moody.

Add topic

Hey guys, I just recently found the board.

I am Mike Botkin. I am Stefan Moodys' assistant coach. I previously coached at Ranger Junior College in Texas. I am originally from Orlando and came back due to some family illness. This is my first year with Stefan. The Head Coach is Oliver Simmons who played at Kentucky under Pitino and won a national championship. He finished at Florida State. He also coached at Olympia HS. Before Ranger I was at University of South Alabama, and then before that I was at Kissimmee-Osceola High School.

In regards to Stef. He is by far the best athlete I have ever coached. Kid is 5'8, and jumps higher than any player I have SEEN in person. Stefan leads Central Florida in scoring, doing that while getting doubled teamed every game, and some times triple teamed. Meaning, he is guarded 1 on 1 full court, then as soon as he crosses half court, another guy comes at him for the remainder of the possession. He is truly an elite player that I think will do WONDERS in college at FAU. He is also a weight room warrior. I believe the last time we did max he benched 245 if I remember correctly. He plays great defense as well. We try to rest him a lot by playing zone or putting him on other players, but in 4th quarter, he WANTS to guard the other guys best player and switches on him, and 9 out of 10 times locks him down.

I put my background so that you would know that I am not just a random guy that has never seen a Division 1 player before. I have seen/played with/coached tons of D1 guys. Stef is the most unique.

Just wanted to say congrats on having Stef and I promise he will not disappoint. I will try to update his play throughout the season. I normally tweet his scores after each of our games.

Thanks

Mike Botkin
Asst. Poinciana HS
[email protected]
Twitter: @BotkinM
Back to the top

Re: New to board...Stefan Moody.

Here is a video of him from this summer.

He is obviously the 2nd kid. The first kid is Ayinde Spreewell(Latrells nephew)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkA3RfQPb8Q
Back to the top

Welcome Coach! Feel free to stick around and see how your boy does next year.
Back to the top

Nice coach, welcome to the board. Pumped to have in uniform next year.
Back to the top

Welcome to the forum Coach Botkin, and thanks for the post on Stefan!

Sorry about the registration issues you experienced during the server transition!

- Rick
Back to the top

I can't wait to see him play!

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

New to board...Stefan Moody.

We lost last night to Lake Minneola in Lake County. Stef had 32 points. 26 came in the 4th quarter. He sat out the entire 2nd quarter.

We are searching for somebody to help us put together a highlite film of this season of him. But we are not having any luck. Hopefully we can get somebody and I will post it.
Back to the top

CoachBotkin said

We lost last night to Lake Minneola in Lake County. Stef had 32 points. 26 came in the 4th quarter. He sat out the entire 2nd quarter.

We are searching for somebody to help us put together a highlite film of this season of him. But we are not having any luck. Hopefully we can get somebody and I will post it.

We all look forward to seeing that.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

Just found out there will be a huge cover story on him in the Orlando Sentinel, it will come out Tuesday. I will post link for it when I get it.
Back to the top

67-58 win in 0T. Stefan had 26. He had 19 in the 4th quarter and OT.
Back to the top
Control functions: