Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Battle of Florida

So far the north is running away with this game…..and its only the 1st quarter.  Unfortunately seeing coach on the losing side of an Ass whooping is real familiar.  Carroll has been awful as our qb, but on a positive not our stadium looks amazing on tv.

And groody is getting a serious workout, as usual.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Re: Battle of Florida

The more things change, the more they stay the same for the new house...unfortunately - for now.
Back to the top

Royal Palm Beach High School grads Zack Brown (Wisconsin / Pitt) and Brandon Pendergrass (Wake Forest) are getting nice workouts as RB for each team. I covered both when they were in high school. FAU needs to keep guys like this at home for now on.
Back to the top

Looked liked a Howard S. coached game.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Yes, it did.

Attendance was horrible and I'm sure very unprofitable.  Will be interesting to see if they put it on again next year.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

BeastOwl said

owlcountry40 said

Yes, it did.

Attendance was horrible and I'm sure very unprofitable.  Will be interesting to see if they put it on again next year.

I sure hope so. The game was good for the program. Tons of high school players and coaches were in attendance.
Back to the top

I attended the game. I hope it continues, it was cool tailgating with UM, USF, UCF etc fans. Its good exposure for FAU to host these games. I brought a buddy, UM fan and he was impressed with the stadium, and wants to catch a game next season.
Back to the top

Announced crowd of almost 10K does not sound too bad to me for a 1st time event. I thought 10K would not be doable and more of a miracle myself. Hope it continues and builds into a true annual event people look forward to.
Back to the top

10k is a bit of a stretch but I didn't think it was hat bad for a first year all star game.

Not sure why FSU could send down cheerleaders for Bobby but there were none for the South in Howard's own stadium  ???

Had a good time, great weather. Brought a friend who came just to see the stadium and was very impressed.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Battle of Florida

dusky256fc said

10k is a bit of a stretch but I didn't think it was hat bad for a first year all star game.

5K at best in actual attendance.  It is great for the community, they just need to do a better job of promoting it. 

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top
Control functions: