Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football Pulls Offer from WR Chad Ward

Add topic

According to Rivals.com, FAU has pulled their offer to Delray Beach WR Chad Ward

Rivals Page

looks like his only other offer is from Bryant

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: FAU Football Pulls Offer from WR Chad Ward

Not sure why other than CP obviously believes he has more talented WR's on the roster or giving their verbal that they'll play at FAU next season.

Maybe FAUDelt or someone else can get more info?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

According to Rivals.com, FAU has pulled their offer to Delray Beach WR Chad Ward

Rivals Page

looks like his only other offer is from Bryant

Interesting.  That is the 2nd player recruited by the old regime to have their offer pulled.  It sucks, but i can't blame the new staff for wanting to bring in their own players.  We must have someone else in mind at WR that we needed the space for.  
Back to the top

You beat me to posting this.

Nothing per his twitter yet.

In my honest opinion CP and the coaching staff must have a silent verbal (or verbals) from someone they really really like. I'm guessing maybe Devonte Robinson?

Today they not only lost Ward but they lost out on Ricky Jones. For 2 receivers to come off the board this late in the game they must feel confident in what they are doing.
Back to the top

I wonder why too…I did read that MTSU did not offer him as they had the receiver slot(s) filled. I know he had a good start to the high school season but something is up. That or FAU does not want to sign MTSU's rejects? Sorry to hear this for Chad though, good luck in geting on somewhere.
Back to the top

FAU Football Pulls Offer from WR Chad Ward

It's unfortunate as he's from Delray and has been one of the most vocal recruits for us thus far. Wasn't he the one to say FAU is the place to be now? We shall see how it all plays out.
Back to the top

Yes. I chatted with him a couple of weeks ago, and he seems like a nice kid. Hope he lands on his feet somewhere. Only 10 days until NSD.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

It's unfortunate as he's from Delray and has been one of the most vocal recruits for us thus far. Wasn't he the one to say FAU is the place to be now?

He's gotta be PISSED. Sounds like he really had his heart set on this place. Maybe he could walk-on… although I can understand him saying he wants nothing to do with the coaches who pulled the rug out from under him less than two weeks before he could make it official.

I don't really understand it either since we just lost what's-his-face to UAB, so we shouldn't need to bump Ward for Devonte (if that was indeed the case, which would be AWESOME) unless we're actually getting silent verbals from two guys.

Crossing my fingers that it's for Devonte.
Back to the top

I would not be surprised to see a couple of JUCO receivers sign now, again more IMMEDIATE help at a problem area.
Back to the top

WRs still on the board:

Jermey Jones -Riverview, Sarasota- He visited MTSU last weekend and is visiting FAU this upcoming one.  He is the cousin of Rickey Jones (who just committed to Indiana) and I thought they were a package deal, but I guess not.

Devonte Robinson -Village Academy, Delray- Landing Robinson would be huge get as he is the 84th ranked player in the state. Robinson has been committed to West Virginia since July and took his official visit to Morgantown in early October. FAU talked him into visiting two weeks ago and it looked as if he had a great time. Tevin Spells a 2013 RB from Delray Atlantic tweeted something along the lines of Robinson saying how great FAU was and how he would commit (not sure what this means, but I guess it is something.)

Jermey Glinton -Northeast, Oakland Park- Glinton visited FAU this past weekend and is down to a final four of FIU, Vanderbilt, MTSU and the Owls. He has taken a visit to each campus and will head to Nashville this weekend to see Commodores. It is going to be hard to beat out an SEC program, but like we have already learned with CP, anything is possible.

Bruce Natson -Boyd Anderson, Lauderdale Lakes- The speedster has been committed to Utah State since June but did take an official visit to Boca Raton the first week of June. Since then Natson visited Utah and has kept quite since. I wouldn't rule Natson completely out of the picture here.

Clive Georges -Key West, Key West- Georges is reported to hold an offer from FAU but has yet to visit campus. With the final weekend of  recruitment upon us, we could very well see Georges on campus.

Patrick Maddox- Pace, Pace- Maddox claimed an offer came from the Owls a few weeks ago, but still has yet to take a visit. He is scheduled to visit MTSU this weekend.

Back to the top
Control functions: