Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Could we possibly have local TV broadcast the games locally

I was thinking since FAU has this new stadium, and journalism and media students need experience, lets partner up with WPTV, and ESPN 760 to simulatious broadcast the game on the channel and have the journalism and media students can get real world experience. I know Notre Dame has broadcast rights with NBC but you think we can work around that?
Back to the top

Re: Could we possibly have local TV broadcast the games locally

I like it but doubt it will ever happen.

I think the last thing the school would want is for people to have a reason to stay home and watch a home game. They want those butts in the seats to help fill the coffers.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

USMCOWL said

I was thinking since FAU has this new stadium, and journalism and media students need experience, lets partner up with WPTV, and ESPN 760 to simulatious broadcast the game on the channel and have the journalism and media students can get real world experience. I know Notre Dame has broadcast rights with NBC but you think we can work around that?

For road games, absolutely.  For home games, we need people actually in the stadium, not just watching from their couch at home.  
Back to the top

It was just a idea
Back to the top

WKU, NT, Troy, and others offer a live Internet video feed for each home game on a PPV or membership basis.  Could this be done to provide for out of state fans?  I watched FAU on Troy and NT this past year on their sites.  Troy's site is All Access powered by SIDEARM Showcase Hopefully would produce some extra income as well.
Back to the top

I don't know why we don't have webcasts of every football and basketball game.  They film every one of them for the scoreboard.  I don't know exactly how it works, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be too difficult to charge for the feed online.  Just about ever other school does it these days.
Back to the top

SGCENTRE said

WKU, NT, Troy, and others offer a live Internet video feed for each home game on a PPV or membership basis.  Could this be done to provide for out of state fans?  I watched FAU on Troy and NT this past year on their sites.  Troy's site is All Access powered by SIDEARM Showcase Hopefully would produce some extra income as well.

I'm for this idea as well. Honestly though, I think "being able to watch FAU on the internet" is near the bottom of the AD's To Do List right now.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

SGCENTRE said

I'm for this idea as well. Honestly though, I think "being able to watch FAU on the internet" is near the bottom of the AD's To Do List right now.

Well, it should be on the top of somebody's to do list.  Other schools offer it.  It's another way for you to connect with Alumni who are out of town.  It generates revenue….and you can sell advertising on it!  Plus, they film these games anyway.  This is an easy decision…stream the games!!  It's a win-win for fans, the athletic department, the University, etc. 
Back to the top

To everyone, I like the ideas could we find some one to approach the AD with it?
Back to the top

Could we possibly have local TV broadcast the games locally

Its not like the quality has to be any good. A lot of the road feeds i end up paying $10 for are a single camera from the press box angle…theyre most likely just broadcasting the coaching film. The players are all blurry you have you id em by size and position!!
Back to the top
Control functions: