Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Best way too early guess on wins for 2012?

What is your best guess for FAU wins in the 2012 season?

0-2 wins - Suckdom
3-4 wins - Some progress
5-6 wins - Big Improvement
7-8 wins - Game changing year
9 or more wins - possible poster drug testing required

You must select between 1 and 39 options

Curious on your way too early predictions for wins in 2012......
Back to the top

Re: Best way too early guess on wins for 2012?

I'll say 3 or 4, new offense, new defense the older guys will struggle and the younger guys are well, young…Towards the end of the season they will all pick it up
Back to the top

owlmart said

I'll say 3 or 4, new offense, new defense the older guys will struggle and the younger guys are well, young…Towards the end of the season they will all pick it up

I think going 7-5 would be very difficult but not impossible for next season.

Wagner is a win.  'Bama & UGA are body bag games.  Navy I think we have a 50/50 shot of winning (it's in November so the team will have had time to gel). . But let's just say we fall to Navy and we're 1-3 in these 4 games.  Could we go 6-2 in conference games?  I say YES. Also, South Alabama enters conference play coming up from the FCS (I-AA) - so we should beat them..  More than likely, we may go 5-3 or 4-4 in-conference.

So 5-7 is what I think is worse case.  6-6 is a likelihood.  7-5 not ridiculous.  8-4 or better and Carl Pelini may end up a 1-hit wonder and move on.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

The more we win, the more fans we have. With better attendance comes better notoriety and more money. With better notoriety and money we can upgrade facilities, pay coaches more, and move into a better conference. If I am I CP, why wouldn't I stay and make FAU my baby and raise it up?
He would have everything a coach could want and we would all love him. So why leave if he does well?

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

So why leave if he does well?

$$$$$$$$$

We can't match what a Big 6 conference team can pay him.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

Best way too early guess on wins for 2012?

owlmart said

This is a fair estimate. I have low expectations. I think the program is headed in the right direction, absolutely, but there will be growing pains. FAU may endure a 4-8 season, people may say, "Oh FAU still sucks, just a little less this time" because the casual fan won't understand how difficult it is to cobble this all together.

Then again, new coaches have come into the SBC this year and turned stagnant teams into winners. So it could be done, absolutely. ASU, WKU and FIU will want to keep their momentum while Troy and FAU will be trying to climb back to the top, etc - and it's not like CP is the only new horse in the race.

Going to be an interesting season.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

owlmart said

This is a fair estimate. I have low expectations. I think the program is headed in the right direction, absolutely, but there will be growing pains. FAU may endure a 4-8 season, people may say, "Oh FAU still sucks, just a little less this time" because the casual fan won't understand how difficult it is to cobble this all together.

Then again, new coaches have come into the SBC this year and turned stagnant teams into winners. So it could be done, absolutely. ASU, WKU and FIU will want to keep their momentum while Troy and FAU will be trying to climb back to the top, etc - and it's not like CP is the only new horse in the race.

The reason I think 5-7 is a worse case is that we won 1 game last year with an abomination of a coaching staff and players that just didn't care.  I think we can muster up at least 4 more wins more than last season with this schedule.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

If this squad can do what Pelini has planned for it, we will win ten games a year and sellout every game. With sellout crowds we will rake in the dolla dolla bills (yeah, i just said that) and have enough to put on an expansion to the stadium and dramatically raise his salary.

He also may want to take into consideration that you may only get one "chance" to move up into those ranks, so if he screws up all he has to go back to is a coordinator position. He would be smart to make FAU his home and stay here and win ten games a year.

Then again, this is all hypothetical as he is yet to even play a game…. ahahh

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

BeastOwl said

owlcountry said

owlmart said

The reason I think 5-7 is a worse case is that we won 1 game last year with an abomination of a coaching staff and players that just didn't care.  I think we can muster up at least 4 more wins more than last season with this schedule.

I agree. I still wish we were not playing Alabama or Georgia this year… I know it pays the bills but giving yourself 2 almost automatic losses isnt the way to build a team.
Back to the top

And we need to start doing what FIU is doing and have some of these Big 6 teams play us at home.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top
Control functions: