Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rutgers

Add topic

Re: Rutgers

Sucks for Rutgers but I can't blame Schianno one bit - going from Rutgers to the NFL - no brainer. Timing sucks, but oh well.
Back to the top

d-owl said

Sucks for Rutgers but I can't blame Schianno one bit - going from Rutgers to the NFL - no brainer. Timing sucks, but oh well.

It does feel a little slimey doesn't it?

In the late 70's, Coach Osborne interviewed at Colorado between the seasons.  In the final analysis, he said he couldn't do it, primarily because of the 'promise I made to all these young men that I would be their coach for the next four years.'    That is an era that is long gone, partly due to the popularity of the sport (read: 'money') and partly to our gratification now society.

Back to the top

THE CURRENT BATCH OF YOUNGER COACHES JUST DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT DOING RIGHT OR WRONG… SAD FOR THE MOST PART PUT TOTALLY TRUE! AND THESE ARE THE ROLE MODELS FOR OUR YOUNGER MEN? OUCH!!
Back to the top

You don't think if he's at Rutgers and turns down the NFL, that will ever come back to bite him in the ass? Who turns down a promotion?

And more importantly, who in their right mind turns down a promotion to stay in New Jersey?!?
Back to the top

owlcountry said

You don't think if he's at Rutgers and turns down the NFL, that will ever come back to bite him in the ass? Who turns down a promotion?

And more importantly, who in their right mind turns down a promotion to stay in New Jersey?!?

+ 1      No one in their right mind would do that. hahah. He also enjoys Florida, as he served as DC for the U of Miami.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

THE CURRENT BATCH OF YOUNGER COACHES JUST DON'T GIVE A **** ABOUT DOING RIGHT OR WRONG… SAD FOR THE MOST PART PUT TOTALLY TRUE! AND THESE ARE THE ROLE MODELS FOR OUR YOUNGER MEN? OUCH!!

I agree but the train goes both ways.  Schools have also started to show little loyalty to coaches. My question is this the Chicken or the Egg? Are schools showing less loyalty because of the coaches or are the coaches showing less loyalty because of the schools?
Back to the top

Loyalty - only to the $$$$
Back to the top

this stuff use to piss me off but now its just part of the game. it sucks but its reality. its a billion dollar business. If he had three horrible years at Rutgers, they would probably let him go so its just a different way of looking at it.

I like the guy and hope he wins.
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

A guy making over $2m a year, in a bcs conference, where 8 wins is good enough?
Back to the top

Rutgers

Greed is bad, how much money is enough, or can you never make or have enough? I beleive you can. 1 year making $2M is equal to 40 years making $50K! Translated, these guys now make more in a year than most make in an entire career - coaching a game. These has got to be more in life than just seeing how much you can make, more human values than that. Promises, commitments, honor…
What scares me is what the current batch of college coaches in all the major sports but ESPECIALLY football are teaching by EXAMPLE to these young men thier families entrust them with!
Back to the top
Control functions: