Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Major League Lacross All-Star game at the Owls Stadium

Add topic

Back to the top

Re: Major League Lacross All-Star game at the Owls Stadium

Major League Lacross All-Star game at the Owls Stadium

USMCOWL said

While personally not a huge fan, I will say that Lacrosse is a growing sport in S. Florida. Several of my friends have kids who are playing it and they are rabid about it.

Will it get 10K in the house? I dont know but it is certainly a good opportunity to show of the new baby, not to mention give FAU Stadium operatios (If this even exists) another event to get ready for Football season.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

USMCOWL said

While personally not a huge fan, I will say that Lacrosse is a growing sport in S. Florida. Several of my friends have kids who are playing it and they are rabid about it.

Will it get 10K in the house? I dont know but it is certainly a good opportunity to show of the new baby, not to mention give FAU Stadium operatios (If this even exists) another event to get ready for Football season.

Hopefully ticketing and concessions are handled better than they were for the Battle of Florida game.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

BeastOwl said

Hopefully ticketing and concessions are handled better than they were for the Battle of Florida game.

Well now that NLI day is almost over and Jarvis's deal is being negotiated by attorneys I would hope that Craig Angelos could foucs a bit more on Stadium operations. Sounds like BoF was a mini disaster.

I dont mind if they staffed the windows with Volunteers but you have to give them a MINIMUM of training, and then have 1-2 supervisors in the booth to help with non traditional issues.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

If you're not familiar with the game, you should really take a closer look. It's exciting and fast-paced. Very physical and sometimes high-scoring. I don't know what kind of crowd it will draw here, but remember, a lot of people in this area are from up north–and lax has been a very popular sport up there for a long time.

BTW, more and more high schools in Florida are getting boys' and girls' lacrosse programs. In the near future, this may be one of our sports.
Back to the top

Lacrosse is a game for people who can't skate… Go Wings.
Back to the top

It has really become a lot more popular in recent year. I remember wishing I could play it in high school but it no one had it. Now it seems that everyone has it. Who knows, it may bring out all the local high school kids both girls and boys, plus their parents. I could see it getting at least 6,000 people if they market it well.
Back to the top

Hockey on grass is actually not a bad analogy.
Back to the top

fau_owl_04 said

LOL, awesome post.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

fau_owl_04 said

I play hockey, and have played lacrosse, and lacrosse is way tougher… props to those guys that make it look easy.

I don't see 10,000 at an all-star game where there isn't even a team or fan support. But it's exposure, so take it.
Back to the top
Control functions: