Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Charter Oak (Calif.) WR Chris Gilchrist signs with FAU Football

Add topic

Charter Oak WR Chris Gilchrist makes late-night decision to sign with Florida Atlantic

The 6-foot-5, wide receiver, becomes the first high school player from the state of California to ink with the Owls since QB Graham Wilbert.

Gilchrist had a big senior season at Charter Oak catching 46 passes for over 800-yards and 9 touchdowns.

Selected FAU over other offers from Nevada and Sacramento State.

Highlights

Back to the top

Re: Charter Oak (Calif.) WR Chris Gilchrist signs with FAU Football

FAU said

Charter Oak WR Chris Gilchrist makes late-night decision to sign with Florida Atlantic

The 6-foot-5, wide receiver, becomes the first high school player from the state of California to ink with the Owls since QB Graham Wilbert.

Gilchrist had a big senior season at Charter Oak catching 46 passes for over 800-yards and 9 touchdowns.

Highlights

OUTSTANDING!!! I guess we are not just going with smaller faster WR… I like the big WR types!
Back to the top

mckeon said

FAU said

Highlights

OUTSTANDING!!! I guess we are not just going with smaller faster WR… I like the big WR types!

He looks HUGE on film, but still moves very fluidly.
Back to the top

Wow… kid's amazing! And 6'5… daaaamn
Back to the top

Highlight reel looked good. (Hence the term highlight).

Rivals didnt seem to have anyting on the kid.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

OK who is he and how did we get him at such a late date? He looks great - like a clone of a young Julio Jones coming out of hs!
Back to the top

This could become a great pick up, and from California no less.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Wow that kid looks impressive.  Put 20 pounds on that kid and he dominates the Belt.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Charter Oak (Calif.) WR Chris Gilchrist signs with FAU Football

GeorgiaOwl said

OK who is he and how did we get him at such a late date? He looks great - like a clone of a young Julio Jones coming out of hs!

I had those same Julio Jones thought when I was watching his film as well  :D

No real idea on why we got him at such a late date, but I it may have had to do with test scores.

I do know that before his junior season he transferred high schools, and initially was deemed ineligible by the school district for moving address to gain an athletic advantage. I'm not sure if that could have hurt his recruitment, but the could have thrown a wrench in the process in terms of colleges keeping track of where he was.
Back to the top

Wow just wow the speed is what gets such a smooth runner for 6'5 i have seen many many highlight tapes and only a few have shocked me and this one does.
Back to the top
Control functions: