Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SunBelt Conference - 4 or 5 "Star" Recruits

Add topic

Just looked on rivals and scout….not a single 4 or 5 star player commited to a SunBelt school.  Found that interesting.  Is that because SunBelt schools cant land a 4 or 5 star recruit or because those sites rate the players going to big schools as 4 and 5 star guys to keep fans reading and paying?

Your thoughts?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Re: SunBelt Conference - 4 or 5 "Star" Recruits

walty12 said

Just looked on rivals and scout….not a single 4 or 5 star player commited to a SunBelt school.  Found that interesting.  Is that because SunBelt schools cant land a 4 or 5 star recruit or because those sites rate the players going to big schools as 4 and 5 star guys to keep fans reading and paying?

Your thoughts?

Personally I think there just arent that many of them around and those that are quickly get hit by the big boys.

Look at the top classes, (Alabama, Texas, Florida) they only have 3-5 5* guys each at the most. and anywhere between 10-15 4*'s. All of the Non-AQ schools rarely get 4* and I dont think I've ever seen a 5* plaer go to one.

FIU did get a 4* once but he washed out. Onlyl so many to go around.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

But at the same time, Rivals states that Miami got a big surprise, when a running back switched from VA Tech to them, and he was a 3 star.  Who knows about the stars on thars
Back to the top

owlfamily said

walty12 said

Your thoughts?

Personally I think there just arent that many of them around and those that are quickly get hit by the big boys.

Look at the top classes, (Alabama, Texas, Florida) they only have 3-5 5* guys each at the most. and anywhere between 10-15 4*'s. All of the Non-AQ schools rarely get 4* and I dont think I've ever seen a 5* plaer go to one.

FIU did get a 4* once but he washed out. Onlyl so many to go around.

Southern Miss landed DeAndre Brown, a 5-star who was ranked 22nd overall in the nation back in 2006.

He started as a true freshman and a huge year but then suffered a nasty leg injury and kind of fell of off the map.

Only 5-star to my knowledge to sign with a non-BCS school.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Just looked on rivals and scout….not a single 4 or 5 star player commited to a SunBelt school.  Found that interesting.

Your thoughts?

All the coaches should be fired!

Damn slackers!

;)
Back to the top

SunBelt Conference - 4 or 5 "Star" Recruits

mh2os said

But at the same time, Rivals states that Miami got a big surprise, when a running back switched from VA Tech to them, and he was a 3 star.  Who knows about the stars on thars

I think your talking about Jawand Blue?

The bigger story there is what Frank Beamer told him after he switched.

Talk about burning bridges at a high school!
Back to the top

Very interesting on ESPN where they have been saying all day that stars mean nothing nor does the ranking of the recruting class … all that matters is what shows up for practice and game day

Congratulations to all the new OWLS and welcome to a great school and family !!
Back to the top

FAU said

Southern Miss landed DeAndre Brown, a 5-star who was ranked 22nd overall in the nation back in 2006.

He's listed as signing a LOI on his Rivals page but he's not listed on Southern Miss' Rivals page. Interesting.

Southern Miss also landed a 4 star quarterback.
Back to the top

owlfamily said

This.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

FAU said

He's listed as signing a LOI on his Rivals page but he's not listed on Southern Miss' Rivals page. Interesting.

Southern Miss also landed a 4 star quarterback.

My apologies he was c/o 2008

Back to the top
Control functions: