Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

POLL: Forget Romney or Obama, Voters Want Tebow . . .

Add topic

POLL: Forget Romney or Obama, Voters Want Tebow . . .

If Tim Tebow swapped the pigskin for politics, he just might be a shoo-in for the White House . . .

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/03/us-usa-campaign-poll-football-idUSTRE8121U820120203

Back to the top

Re: POLL: Forget Romney or Obama, Voters Want Tebow . . .

I love me some Tebow. However, I really prefer to keep politics and religion clearly divided. Decisions need to be based on the security and financial well being of the nation and not the bible. That being said, he'd probably be better than most of the politicians that work for corporations and not the American public.
Back to the top

Coach said

Decisions need to be based on the security and financial well being of the nation and not the bible.

Information and decisions have to originate from knowledge made manifest at some initial point in time…IE, you can't just pull a "principle" out of thin air without it having a root in history.

Regarding your core principles and rationale for driving National decisions: If not the Bible, where do you propose it come from? Especially considering that the Constitution - document repsponsible for the country's founding - was signed into exsistence by a body comprised of Christians (97%)? Obviously this is where they took the principles from.

Not arguing, just curious as to what you would offer.
Back to the top

LOL, and you guys think recruiting stars debate gets heated…this one should just catch fire.

I think what he was trying to say Rick, is that there is a large portion of the population that dont believe in an after life or supreme being.  Therefore decisions on war, abortion, etc is one to be made based on rational thought than ideal.  In otherwords, if a bomb gets dropped on me I dont think I go to a better place and really dont want somebody who believes that making those decisions.

Aside from that, I wont even revisit this post…you boys enjoy.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

I think what he was trying to say Rick, is that there is a large portion of the population that dont believe in an after life or supreme being.

The above accounts for less than 10% of the total population of the United States according to the latest Gallop Poll. Are you suggesting we cater to the minority while making "important national decisions"?

Sorry to hear you are bowing out…you may have provided a laugh or two!

;D
Back to the top

Did not the founding fathers mention something about the division of church and state?
Back to the top

Rick said

If not the Bible, where do you propose it come from? Especially considering that the Constitution - document responsible for the country's founding - was signed into existence by a body comprised of Christians (97%)? Obviously this is where they took the principles from.

The idea that our nation was founded by Christians is largely buoyed by the practice of selective quoting from archived letters; the faithful pull out certain quotes, the skeptics pull out others. To be honest, I could care less if they were fanatical Christians or militant Satanists because what perseveres today is the country that resulted from their work and Americans today draw their ethics and principles from several sources - of which the Bible is one - so we must appreciate and accommodate that. We are all united by being Americans, not by being Christians. I am not a Christian and proud of it. My father, on the other hand, is a devout Presbyterian and I'm happy because it works for him. Moreover, I have friends who are Jewish, friends who follow the Qu'ran, friends who are Pagan and even friends who are outright athiests that live their life based upon rational thinking and a rich body of work that numerous great philosophers have left us. The common denominator is that they're all hard-working, tax-paying, law-abiding American citizens and as such they deserve to be represented fairly without the kind of fanatical Christian vigor that Tim Tebow would bring to the White House.
Back to the top

Coach said

Did not the founding fathers mention something about the division of church and state?

I was just talking about Principles and their origins…Not the embodiment of Church & State collectively running a country.

;)

But agree…for an illustration on your purport, please see today's Muslim Nations.

A grand example of why you should not do that; even though they say they don't.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

The common denominator is that they're all hard-working, tax-paying, law-abiding American citizens…

The main common denominator is that after the doctor slapped their rear end for the first breath, they started the countdown towards what we all have in common: an eventual passing.

Life, mist, vapor, season, call it what you want; but this place is temporal.

Best we be prepared, and 100% certain in choices of Faith or lack thereof, for the next round.

BTW, good post!

Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Rick said

If not the Bible, where do you propose it come from? Especially considering that the Constitution - document responsible for the country's founding - was signed into existence by a body comprised of Christians (97%)? Obviously this is where they took the principles from.

The idea that our nation was founded by Christians is largely buoyed by the practice of selective quoting from archived letters; the faithful pull out certain quotes, the skeptics pull out others. To be honest, I could care less if they were fanatical Christians or militant Satanists because what perseveres today is the country that resulted from their work and Americans today draw their ethics and principles from several sources - of which the Bible is one - so we must appreciate and accommodate that. We are all united by being Americans, not by being Christians. I am not a Christian and proud of it. My father, on the other hand, is a devout Presbyterian and I'm happy because it works for him. Moreover, I have friends who are Jewish, friends who follow the Qu'ran, friends who are Pagan and even friends who are outright athiests that live their life based upon rational thinking and a rich body of work that numerous great philosophers have left us. The common denominator is that they're all hard-working, tax-paying, law-abiding American citizens and as such they deserve to be represented fairly without the kind of fanatical Christian vigor that Tim Tebow would bring to the White House.

I dont know who you are, but this was an amazing post.  This mirrors my thoughts perfectly….I am just unable to communicate it that well.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: