Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Marvin Sanders leaving for USC

Just posted by Ted on Sun-Sentinel…Sanders is leaving to take the job as defensive backs coach at Southern Cal. Adds more fuel to the fire of why I cant stand Lane Kiffin, thanks a lot jack*** for screwing with our new coaching staff.

Report: Marvin Sanders leaving FAU for USC - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Time keeps on slippin' into the future
Back to the top

Re: Marvin Sanders leaving for USC

This hurts us a lot but I cant blame him if the DB coach makes more than the DC at FAU hard to fault him...Marvin we hardly knew you...
Back to the top

Hopefully our new recruits wont jump ship too.... Maybe he left after seeing how athletics is run at FAU

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

On a brighter note it must be good news if USC is raiding our closet…They weren't exactly knocking down the doors for Van V
Back to the top

Marvin Sanders leaving for USC

It was inevitable that some of the coaches would leave… just didn't think it would be this quick.

Hopefully his replacement will be just as good.
Back to the top

wow one thing if you spend a year here the bolt but to leave right before the year is low i wish him the worst of luck.
Back to the top

Hopefully we don't lose any more coaches.  Wonder who is on Pelini's short list to fill DC spot.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

That was his only candidate interview previously, so likely a VERY short list.......
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

wow one thing if you spend a year here the bolt but to leave right before the year is low i wish him the worst of luck.

That's a bit harsh.  I'd rather lose him now.  I mean, it's not as if we are losing anything…he hasn't had time to really do much.

I'm more concerned about who takes his place.  I wonder if Pelini will promote from within or start a new search.  The only current defensive coach with even FCS coordinator experience is LB coach Javon DeWitt.  He spent the last 3 seasons as DC at Northern Iowa.  
Back to the top

Kind of a weird move, unless hes getting handsomely paid for it, doesnt make a whole ton of sense from a responsibility standpoint. I expect him to make more at USC, But its coaching dbs, not running the defense.
Back to the top
Control functions: