Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

"Wise Owl" rememberance wall

Add topic

I got an e-mail from FAU today FINALLY mentioning the initial season ticket holder wall plaque. Damn are we slow at geting simple things done.

If we go to the new "mega" conference, we had better immediately clean house and bring in a competent profressional staff at ALL LEVELS (up to and including the AD!) or we will be the new Mega Conference doormat forever I hate to say!

Is it really that hard to do what is promised in a timely fashion and be organized and professional at the same time?
Back to the top

Re: "Wise Owl" rememberance wall

I'm not sure what happened with the wall going up after the season finished, but again… let's not immediate blame FAU staff. Who knows what could have happened. The construction company could have made the mistake…. the design company could have made a mistake…. the engineers could have made a mistake, etc. It's not as if FAU staff collects the names, builds the walls, etches the names in the walls, pours the concrete, etc.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Sorry Smitty, I respect what you do and have done for us at FAU but I beleive SOMEBODY (anybody for that matter) on the FAU staff should have been simply asking the question - "what about the wall" and keeping the issue alive and getting it done IN A TIMELY MANNER. WE (FAU) have GOT TO DO BETTER delivering on the promises made to the program supporters and the local community if the program is really gonna ever develop a loyal and generous following. Breaking promises, or dropping the ball won't get it done.
I truly beleive we turned off far more potential new Owl fans than we developed - and not because the team sucked, but because the athletics program and community relations and stadium management are EXTREMELY SUBSTANDARD.
Back to the top

"Wise Owl" rememberance wall

GeorgiaOwl said

Sorry Smitty, I respect what you do and have done for us at FAU but I beleive SOMEBODY (anybody for that matter) on the FAU staff should have been simply asking the question - "what about the wall" and keeping the issue alive and getting it done IN A TIMELY MANNER. WE (FAU) have GOT TO DO BETTER delivering on the promises made to the program supporters and the local community if the program is really gonna ever develop a loyal and generous following. Breaking promises, or dropping the ball won't get it done.

They got the donor brick area done - there's a promise kept.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

GeorgiaOwl said

They got the donor brick area done - there's a promise kept.

Except they forgot to order half the bricks

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

And are they still readable? Even opening day they looked sandblasted to heck - very hard to read.
Back to the top
Control functions: