Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Looking on to next year....

Add topic

There are so many things i want to say here….I'm going to do my best to keep this post flowing nicely…

I know it might be a little early to get excited - especially since the season technically isn't over yet - but it's really hard for me not to.  Yes, i agree with all of you that this season was a disappointment.  Being picked to finish first felt great at the start of the season, beating George Mason was awesome and i consider that a signature win for this program….But  soon after that win at home, the downward spiral started and we quickly found out that we weren't the team we were a year ago - the loss of our under the basket defensive threat effected us in more ways than we had answers for….Brett Royster proved himself to us not only during last years season, but maybe even more so after he graduated. Not having him as the keystone on the court, the threat and the point stopper….the leader…alas, THE BEST DAYS OF FAU BASKETBALL ARE STILL AHEAD OF US! I am so excited for next year…Coach J will be back…. there is nothing i see that will stop him from returning and i am sure the contract will be situated in the very near future.  He still has unfinished business here and will continue to build this program into a mid-major program that the country will recognize at the national level.  Look at what this program has become in the 4 short years that the man has been with us.  I've been coming to games almost religiously since the mid 2000's and I could probably count the games ive missed since that time on my fingers….This is the most exciting team i have ever seen on our hardwood.  The fire that coach brings is something i have never witnessed from any of our previous coaches (except maybe that one time Rex laid down on the court when he pretended to fall over - Bad memory).  His love for the game, his love for his team and his love for growing boy's into professional men is exactly what this school needed.  The fan's still come even when we aren't playing well… and when we are it's almost impossible to find a seat in the burrow….a far cry from the days of Rex and Matt…. I remember standing in the student section yelling my heart out for the Owls in an empty arena… it was so empty that the players were actually laughing at some of the things we said because they could hear us so clearly…. We have come a long way since those days…. a sunbelt title….a trip to the NIT…an ESPN game from the burrow, beating miss st, beating USF, Beating George Mason….taking multiple major conference teams to the last minutes of the game…..packing the arena…Ringing the victory bell……This is still just the begining Owl Nation. The best years are still ahead of us and i look forward to mid October this year. when we introduce the new team to the quickly growing fan base during our Annual Midnight Madness event.  Moody, Bryant and Dragon will bring things to this team we have never seen before, or even been able imagine.  A 7 footer in the SBC?  are you kidding me?  Top national recruits considering FAU as the place they want to play their college ball?  what? really?…well, yes.  Thanks to the man in the vest and his commitment to himself, to this university, to this team and to us, the fans.  FAU Basketball will continue to grow and i urge you all to continue to support them.  I know most of you will even though we took a small step back this year, next year we take 2 steps forward.  Thank you Alex Tucker and Shavar Richardson for all the time, strength and energy you put into this team.  You two were the first of Jarvis class and the foundation for what we are today.  I wish you both the best in the future and always hope the best.

I

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

Re: Looking on to next year....

Paragraph?  :o

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I would have to agree with you…

This year will be looked at as a blip in the radar, next year we will have the three best recruits to ever walk through the doors of the burrow… how does that sound?

And how about this: That goes for football too!!

In the coming years, our two revenue sports will be a bubble waiting to explode.

Jarvis will be back and Pelini will build us up.

A lot to be excited about in Owl Nation

ROLL OWLS
SALUTE THE HOOT

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Well said! I am also looking forward to next year, except, the year is still not over!
Back to the top

Nice post, PowerOwl!

Top add:

MTSU had a party this year, but it is over just as soon as it began.

Goodbye Dendy!

Hello Dragan…….

This will dramatically change things for us.
Back to the top

Looking on to next year....

Who is this Dragon kid yall are talking about? Can't find him on the net.
Back to the top

Are these really the 3 best recruits FAU has ever signed? That is awesome. Hope they live up to it. Where does Moody rank?
Back to the top

CoachBotkin said

Who is this Dragon kid yall are talking about? Can't find him on the net.

That's because he played at Baylor…

;D

Had A LOT of competition!
Back to the top

look at what this program has become? an average sun belt team? yeah we beat miss state and usf, but they were both awful that season. We just finished the season on a 4-game losing streak and blew a 19-point lead against Troy who is 10-17. On top of that, this team was picked to win the conference in the preseason, now were looking at an opening round loss in the tournament. Jarvis is 0-3 in the post season. In terms of recruiting, wasn't Kore White suppose to be the greatest big man to step foot on campus? Hard to buy into these recruits without them playing a game first.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

look at what this program has become? an average sun belt team? yeah we beat miss state and usf, but they were both awful that season. We just finished the season on a 4-game losing streak and blew a 19-point lead against Troy who is 10-17. On top of that, this team was picked to win the conference in the preseason, now were looking at an opening round loss in the tournament. Jarvis is 0-3 in the post season. In terms of recruiting, wasn't Kore White suppose to be the greatest big man to step foot on campus? Hard to buy into these recruits without them playing a game first.

I believe the title of this is "Looking on to next year…." Most of what you stated was from THIS year.

And the White thing is yes-and-no. He was, but he could never live up to expectations at Marshall, so there was speculation he may not live up to expectations here.

What are the chances all three of these recruits are duds?

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top
Control functions: