Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Alfred Morris at the NFL Combine

Add topic

Alfred just rans his 40's-  ran a 4.65 and a 4.64, did not look confident OR comfortable in either attempt!
Back to the top

Re: Alfred Morris at the NFL Combine

I think he needed a sub 4.6 to move up...hopefully im wrong
Back to the top

It's not always about speed…

He has some other skills that are hard to come by.
Back to the top

What he will be doing in  the NFL will not require blistering speed.

With that said, he will likely be running the 40 again in his pro-day at FAU.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Alfred Morris at the NFL Combine

Rick said

Thats great but like I said his 40 time is not going to help him move up…If they liked him before then they still like him if they didnt like him before he did not change that
Back to the top

Rick said

the nfl is all about speed. sorry.
Back to the top

owlmart said

Rick said

Thats great but like I said his 40 time is not going to help him move up…If they liked him before then they still like him if they didnt like him before he did not change that

Pretty much….
Back to the top

One thing is for sure, he showed he is not a track guy, very uncomfortable getting into the starting position (and NEVER got lower to the ground for a faster start like the true track guys) and had four false starts - more than anyone else. He did not look loose at all and definately not enjoying the process!
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Rick said

I know all of you guys hate when I bring up facts to argue against your statements…but this is just flat out not true.

Tennessee's Pro Day when he registered a 4.71 40-yard dash, 4.50 short shuttle, 32-inch vertical leap and 9'7" broad jump.

Those are the numbers for Arian Foster who a lot of people consider the BEST running back in the NFL.  Guys like Jeff Demps and Chris Rainey have zero future in the NFL because its not all about speed.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

owlcountry40 said

Rick said

I know all of you guys hate when I bring up facts to argue against your statements…but this is just flat out not true.

Tennessee's Pro Day when he registered a 4.71 40-yard dash, 4.50 short shuttle, 32-inch vertical leap and 9'7" broad jump.

Those are the numbers for Arian Foster who a lot of people consider the BEST running back in the NFL.  Guys like Jeff Demps and Chris Rainey have zero future in the NFL because its not all about speed.

Ok, well with that logic, then you're saying Alfred won't get drafted. Also, being at Tennessee probably gave Foster more legitimate looks by NFL scouts than Fred will get down here in Boca.
Back to the top
Control functions: