Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2012 FAU Spring Practice schedule released

Found this on the sun sentinel website. Spring Practice schedule is out.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/fau-owls/sfl-fau-spring-football-schedule-set-20120229,0,2538613.story
Back to the top

Re: 2012 FAU Spring Practice schedule released

Already made our hotel reservations for the 14th. An evening Spring game should be fun.
Back to the top

Anyone heard if practices are still open to the public?
Back to the top

i heard about a few, but not many
Back to the top

As it stands at present, practices will be open only for the first two periods, and then closed thereafter - to both Fans and Media.

If the periods resemble what has taken place in the past, that will about about 10-15 minutes, not counting warm-up (stretching, etc.)

However, an official "position" will likely be taken next week through an announcement. There is some possibility of extended openings for special occassion (Fan Practice Day potentially), as they will not be doing the organized scrimmages that HS did.

Keep your fingers crossed…
Back to the top

2012 FAU Spring Practice schedule released

It may seem annoying that they're going to close a portion of the practices but it's for the best, really. Schnellenberger ran a system that barely ever changed, according to actual quotes from opposing coaches. In that way, it didn't matter if the practices were open since you already knew what was coming (it also added up to boring offenses and lost games). With Pelini, on the other hand, people aren't sure what to expect. Maybe, hopefully, they'll be able to sneak up on a few people.
Back to the top

I am going to miss heading over to the oxley after work to watch practice... it was the best way to end a long work day.

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

Spoke to FAU this morning and the frist two sessions for each day will in fact be open…after that, closed to all.

A session is an interval of time on the practice clock. They vary in time span, but are usually about 10 minutes each.

Back to the top

Rick said

Spoke to FAU this morning and the frist two sessions for each day will in fact be open…after that, closed to all.

A session is an interval of time on the practice clock. They vary in time span, but are usually about 10 minutes each.

How are they going to get everyone out? I know its not a lot of people but Im having trouble imagining them rounding up folks after the whistle and saying "Thanks for coming now GTFO."

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Even as student, i wish i could go, but i agree here.. how are u going to get everyone out of there.
Back to the top
Control functions: