Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Where do you guys see the 3 new recruits fitting?

Add topic

In terms of line ups.

I have only seen a few minutes of FAU this year(unfortunately). I know Ray comes back. Where do yall see Moody, CB, and this Drago fella, fitting in next year?

What is the (way to early) projected starting line up and/or top 8?
Back to the top

Re: Where do you guys see the 3 new recruits fitting?

Honestly I'm no expert or have insight information but after this disappointing season I don't really see any starting position locked in. I think Drago, moody and CB can come in, and work hard into the starting line up. Why not!!!! We need some change in this team! Go Owls!
Back to the top

CoachBotkin said

IMHO:

Starters:

PG Ray Taylor
SG Greg Gantt
SF Pablo Bertone (finally where he belongs)
PF Chris Bryant
C Dragan Sekelja

Bench:

PG Stefan Moody
SG Dennis Mavin/Omari Grier (as of right now, could change)
PF Kore White/Jordan McCoy
C/PF Kelvin Penn/Andre Mattison

We don't have another real fit in the 3 man (McCoy is not a mid range shooter), so the rotation will still employ non traditional placements at times…but at least getting Bertone there is a start.

Latest word was that White will return…but as we all know, Jarvis will look to keep it honest and present his strategy case for 2012-13 up front to him.

Not that it would be any different for White considering the hodgepodge of positioning we used this year, but don't see him getting the nod over Bryant, and would speculate a more solidified role as a reserve moving forward if he wants to agree to that.

Back to the top

Moody will not see too much time because he needs to be trained to play HIS position. The Dragon and Bryant will start.

So I must agree: Taylor, Gant, Bertone, Bryant, and The Dragon. All of these players will also fit where they are being placed. None are undersized (with the exception of Ray but we know he can handle his position) and all are very talented at what they do.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Where do you guys see the 3 new recruits fitting?

I think Stef has a good first year getting used to the speed of the college game behind Ray. He'll get plenty of minutes too, but itll be a needed adjustment.

Penn has to be the starting PF with CB as his back, but that could be up for grabs depending on how good CB is, theyre the same age but KP is starting to get with the pace of college ball.

Dragon has been anoited starting center, I hope hes as good as advertised.

Theyll all play but Dragon is the only one who could be the starter right now. We'll see in the off season.
Back to the top

Rick said

CoachBotkin said

IMHO:

Starters:

PG Ray Taylor
SG Greg Gantt
SF Pablo Bertone (finally where he belongs)
PF Chris Bryant
C Dragan Sekelja

Bench:

PG Stefan Moody
SG Dennis Mavin/Omari Grier (as of right now, could change)
PF Kore White/Jordan McCoy
C/PF Kelvin Penn/Andre Mattison

We don't have another real fit in the 3 man (McCoy is not a mid range shooter), so the rotation will still employ non traditional placements at times…but at least getting Bertone there is a start.

Latest word was that White will return…but as we all know, Jarvis will look to keep it honest and present his strategy case for 2012-13 up front to him.

Not that it would be any different for White considering the hodgepodge of positioning we used this year, but don't see him getting the nod over Bryant, and would speculate a more solidified role as a reserve moving forward if he wants to agree to that.

+1. Exactly what I was thinking Rick.  Although I would love to see moody step up and put some preassure on the starting guards and fight for a spot.

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

I think Stef has a good first year getting used to the speed of the college game behind Ray. He'll get plenty of minutes too, but itll be a needed adjustment.

Penn has to be the starting PF with CB as his back, but that could be up for grabs depending on how good CB is, theyre the same age but KP is starting to get with the pace of college ball.

Dragon has been anoited starting center, I hope hes as good as advertised.

Theyll all play but Dragon is the only one who could be the starter right now. We'll see in the off season.

I am pretty sure Penn went to a military institute between high school and college so he is actually a year older. By the way, coming out of high school Chris Bryant was named to the NBA top 100 recruits, that means he is pretty damn good. He had offers coming out of high school but could not qualify academically. Therefore, he too went to a military institute. He yielded no offers here because it was assumed he would not qualify again. But Jarvis was the only one willing to take a chance on him. And it paid off as he will be on our team this coming year.

A national player in The Dragon, a top 100 recruit in Bryant, and an overlooked player in Moody because everyone thought he was playing football (but that was his teammate ;) )

These are the three best recruits we have ever gotten. The players we have now are going to be role players to Jarvis, these will be the centerpieces. Oh, and by the way: Jarvis is not done recruiting this year!! Get that man a contract!

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

Moody will not see too much time because he needs to be trained to play HIS position. The Dragon and Bryant will start.

So I must agree: Taylor, Gant, Bertone, Bryant, and The Dragon. All of these players will also fit where they are being placed. None are undersized (with the exception of Ray but we know he can handle his position) and all are very talented at what they do.

His true position is a 2 guard. The staff said he will play the 2 next year and then hopefully switch over after Ray leaves.
Back to the top

CoachBotkin said

NJOWL said

His true position is a 2 guard. The staff said he will play the 2 next year and then hopefully switch over after Ray leaves.
Thats good it will be like a transition year for him..It will be hard for him and Ray to be on the floor at the same time because then it becomes a defensive issue but when they are it sure will be exciting
Back to the top

There is a big step from HS to D1 basketball in any conference.  I hope moody is ready to have to actually work to score.

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top
Control functions: