Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU SAA Recieves Award for Annual Bonfire

Add topic

BOCA RATON, FL (March 6, 2012) – The Florida Atlantic University Student Alumni Association (SAA) recently received the “Tried and True Program” award from the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) for its annual Fall Bonfire. The award was presented at the annual Affiliated Student Advancement Programs (ASAP) District III Conference in Auburn, Alabama. CASE District III is comprised of more than 70 universities from nine states in the southeastern U.S.

Full Story

I know the story doesn't mention anyone in particular, but I'd like to give give a big thanks to Mike Burdman! He does a lot of work behind the scenes and he is definitely a big part of putting this annual event together.

Great work Mike! Thanks for all that you do

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: FAU SAA Recieves Award for Annual Bonfire

Jab979 said

I know the story doesn't mention anyone in particular, but I'd like to give give a big thanks to Mike Burdman! He does a lot of work behind the scenes and he is definitely a big part of putting this annual event together.

Great work Mike! Thanks for all that you do

+1 to that! Hope this tradition doesn't go down the drain once he leaves.
Back to the top

FAU SAA Recieves Award for Annual Bonfire

Hopefully he doesn't leave anytime soon

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Thanks everyone!  This years bonfire is August 23rd

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

Just wanted to post as a reminder, but I am sure most on this board are aware, that tonight is the bonfire with the Misfits.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Impressive turnout! Every year this thing keeps getting better and better.

My theory on why we didn't burn a Seahawk: Pelini came from Nebraska. Remember what happened when we burned the big N? He probably didn't want that sort of negativity again.

Perhaps Pelini doesn't realize that if you're not burning an effigy, there's no point to the fire. Whenever FAU had a bonfire, people stuck around to see the flames overtake the other school's mascot. When the WKU big red blog or FIU panther or whatever started to crumble and fall, people would clap and cheer loudly. That's the main attraction.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

My theory on why we didn't burn a Seahawk: Pelini came from Nebraska. Remember what happened when we burned the big N? He probably didn't want that sort of negativity again.

From what I've heard from my Student Government buddies, this is exactly the reason why it didn't happen and hopefully won't ever happen again. I've heard nothing but good reviews of the fans from Nebraska and I'm sure Pelini's trying to instill the same atmosphere in Boca Raton.
Back to the top
Control functions: