Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Pre-Snap Read: Bottom-Tier Offenses Aim for ’12 Rebound

Pre-Snap Read: A College Football Blog

Pertinent FAU stuff below, but the whole article is a great read. I love this site.
Florida Atlantic went with fire over offensive substance. After the grandfatherly Howard Schnellenberger — he looked grandfatherly, at least — the program hired Carl Pelini, he of the short fuse, hot temper and defense-first bloodlines. The only coach who turns red quicker than Carl Pelini might be Bo Pelini, his brother and former boss at Nebraska.

Pelini hired Brian Wright, who spent the last two seasons at Montana State after a longer stint at Youngstown State. While Bowden has yet to technically fill his vacancy at offensive coordinator, it’s expected that Akron will run the same sort of spread-based offense used by Bowden’s teams at North Alabama from 2009-11. He’s brought along his coordinator at U.N.A., Alan Arrington, though Arrington is tagged as Akron’s line coach, not its coordinator.

DeBesse and Wright fall into the same category: while unknown to those more familiar with the F.B.S., both ranked among the more well-regarded coordinators on the F.C.S. level

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Pre-Snap Read: A College Football Blog

Pertinent FAU stuff below, but the whole article is a great read. I love this site.
Florida Atlantic went with fire over offensive substance. After the grandfatherly Howard Schnellenberger — he looked grandfatherly, at least — the program hired Carl Pelini, he of the short fuse, hot temper and defense-first bloodlines. The only coach who turns red quicker than Carl Pelini might be Bo Pelini, his brother and former boss at Nebraska.

Pelini hired Brian Wright, who spent the last two seasons at Montana State after a longer stint at Youngstown State. While Bowden has yet to technically fill his vacancy at offensive coordinator, it’s expected that Akron will run the same sort of spread-based offense used by Bowden’s teams at North Alabama from 2009-11. He’s brought along his coordinator at U.N.A., Alan Arrington, though Arrington is tagged as Akron’s line coach, not its coordinator.

DeBesse and Wright fall into the same category: while unknown to those more familiar with the F.B.S., both ranked among the more well-regarded coordinators on the F.C.S. level

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Pre-Snap Read: Bottom-Tier Offenses Aim for ’12 Rebound

Good read - thanks for posting the link!
Back to the top

Good read - thanks for posting the link!
Back to the top

Thanks owlfamily. good read. cant believe no dc yet.
Back to the top

Thanks owlfamily. good read. cant believe no dc yet.
Back to the top
Control functions: