Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kore White wont be back next season.

Add topic

maybe you have heard the news.  Kore White is no longer on the bball team, leaving a not so big hole to fill.  Who's going to miss him?

With the addition on the 7' Dragon next season and new comer 6'9" Chris Bryant im sure the hole left by Kore will be overflowing with talent.

What are some of your thoughts on this?

Also read that there is a good chance there wont be a ray-ray on the court next season, making way for a 5'9" "human pogo stick" as Coach J likes to call him.

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

maybe you have heard the news.  Kore White is no longer on the bball team, leaving a not so big hole to fill.  Who's going to miss him?

With the addition on the 7' Dragon next season and new comer 6'9" Chris Bryant im sure the hole left by Kore will be overflowing with talent.

What are some of your thoughts on this?

Also read that there is a good chance there wont be a ray-ray on the court next season, making way for a 5'9" "human pogo stick" as Coach J likes to call him.

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

Re: Kore White wont be back next season.

Kore was checked out, so no loss there.

It seems like Ray is also struggling with Jarvis, maybe it was the frustration of underperforming as a team, changing his style a bit, dunno but it was a really lackluster year for him too.

Im sure Jarvis has an ace up his sleeve to fill the void.
Back to the top

It seems like Ray is also struggling with Jarvis, maybe it was the frustration of underperforming as a team, changing his style a bit, dunno but it was a really lackluster year for him too.

Im sure Jarvis has an ace up his sleeve to fill the void.
Back to the top

It's too bad about Kore because he had 2 big games in his last 2 seasons where it made you say wow! This kid is legit, then the next night he goes out there and he sucks. His heart just wasn't in it, I think he was tired of hearing Jarvis yell at him and he didn't care enough about playing to want to stick it out and make things work.

As for Ray Ray, I hope he sticks around. I'm sure he was just upset because he does care about this team but he's gotta be a leader, lead by example. When the goin get tough, don't cry about it and quit on your team. Step it up! Show your teammates you care

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

It's too bad about Kore because he had 2 big games in his last 2 seasons where it made you say wow! This kid is legit, then the next night he goes out there and he sucks. His heart just wasn't in it, I think he was tired of hearing Jarvis yell at him and he didn't care enough about playing to want to stick it out and make things work.

As for Ray Ray, I hope he sticks around. I'm sure he was just upset because he does care about this team but he's gotta be a leader, lead by example. When the goin get tough, don't cry about it and quit on your team. Step it up! Show your teammates you care

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Yep…….

Rick said

Latest word was that White will return…but as we all know, Jarvis will look to keep it honest and present his strategy case for 2012-13 up front to him.

Not that it would be any different for White considering the hodgepodge of positioning we used this year, but don't see him getting the nod over Bryant, and would speculate a more solidified role as a reserve moving forward if he wants to agree to that.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Yep…….

Rick said

Latest word was that White will return…but as we all know, Jarvis will look to keep it honest and present his strategy case for 2012-13 up front to him.

Not that it would be any different for White considering the hodgepodge of positioning we used this year, but don't see him getting the nod over Bryant, and would speculate a more solidified role as a reserve moving forward if he wants to agree to that.
Back to the top

Losing White isn't a big deal. He's probably close to graduating anyway and he just wasn't consistent enough. He didn't do the things that big guys need to do in order to play. He was a terrible rebounder and he was soft underneath the basket. So I'm glad he's gone, maybe we can snag a solid JUCO big to fill the void.

Now Ray not coming back is concerning and leads me to believe that something with the team was just off this year. Things were different, the attitude of the team and coaches seemed different. I don't know whether it was change in Coach or the players, but something was wrong this year. I personally think it started with Jarvis not having a contract and him feeling that FAU doesn't want to put in the resources to be successful and I think it snowballed from there. Eventually the team became frustrated, causing coaches to be frustrated, causing coaches and players getting angry with each other, and so on.

Hearing that Ray might not be back just makes me think "What the heck happened this year?"

Ray was Coach's guy. He talked him up so much and he seems(ed) to love Ray and I remember Coach was super excited about this kid, and rightfully so, he's darn exciting to watch! This just doesn't add up, Coach doesn't seem like the type of guy to lose the loyalty of his guys and Ray doesn't seem like the kind of kid who would bail.

Something's wrong here and I'm worried about the future of our program.
Back to the top

Losing White isn't a big deal. He's probably close to graduating anyway and he just wasn't consistent enough. He didn't do the things that big guys need to do in order to play. He was a terrible rebounder and he was soft underneath the basket. So I'm glad he's gone, maybe we can snag a solid JUCO big to fill the void.

Now Ray not coming back is concerning and leads me to believe that something with the team was just off this year. Things were different, the attitude of the team and coaches seemed different. I don't know whether it was change in Coach or the players, but something was wrong this year. I personally think it started with Jarvis not having a contract and him feeling that FAU doesn't want to put in the resources to be successful and I think it snowballed from there. Eventually the team became frustrated, causing coaches to be frustrated, causing coaches and players getting angry with each other, and so on.

Hearing that Ray might not be back just makes me think "What the heck happened this year?"

Ray was Coach's guy. He talked him up so much and he seems(ed) to love Ray and I remember Coach was super excited about this kid, and rightfully so, he's darn exciting to watch! This just doesn't add up, Coach doesn't seem like the type of guy to lose the loyalty of his guys and Ray doesn't seem like the kind of kid who would bail.

Something's wrong here and I'm worried about the future of our program.
Back to the top
Control functions: