Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Ray Taylor to Leave FAU, Receives Release

Add topic

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Florida Atlantic University guard Raymond Taylor has announced that he will forgo his senior season to pursue his professional basketball career. Taylor plans to sign with an agency in the near future.

“I have truly enjoyed my time at FAU and will always be grateful to Coach Jarvis, the University, the athletic department and the fans for providing me with the opportunity to play Division I basketball,” said Taylor. “It has been a great ride here at FAU, but after talking it over with my family and Coach Jarvis, I have decided that it’s time to chase my childhood dreams of playing professional basketball.”

Taylor has been recognized for achieving a grade point average of 3.0 or greater three times in his time at FAU and is on track to receive his degree in Criminal Justice.

“I plan to finish out the spring semester and fulfill my degree requirements through online courses and receive my degree by the summer of 2013,” said Taylor.  “I would like to take this opportunity to again thank the fans for their support and I hope their support continues at the next level.”

Taylor’s 1,037 career points are eighth in school history and his 425 career assists are second in school history.

“It has been a pleasure to coach Raymond Taylor and I want to wish him the very best as he pursues his dream of playing professional basketball,” said Mike Jarvis, head men’s basketball coach. “I would also like to thank him for helping lay a solid foundation for the FAU’s men’s basketball program. I wish him nothing but success in the future, both on and off the basketball court.”

Source: www.fausports.com
Back to the top

Florida Atlantic University guard Raymond Taylor has announced that he will forgo his senior season to pursue his professional basketball career. Taylor plans to sign with an agency in the near future.

“I have truly enjoyed my time at FAU and will always be grateful to Coach Jarvis, the University, the athletic department and the fans for providing me with the opportunity to play Division I basketball,” said Taylor. “It has been a great ride here at FAU, but after talking it over with my family and Coach Jarvis, I have decided that it’s time to chase my childhood dreams of playing professional basketball.”

Taylor has been recognized for achieving a grade point average of 3.0 or greater three times in his time at FAU and is on track to receive his degree in Criminal Justice.

“I plan to finish out the spring semester and fulfill my degree requirements through online courses and receive my degree by the summer of 2013,” said Taylor.  “I would like to take this opportunity to again thank the fans for their support and I hope their support continues at the next level.”

Taylor’s 1,037 career points are eighth in school history and his 425 career assists are second in school history.

“It has been a pleasure to coach Raymond Taylor and I want to wish him the very best as he pursues his dream of playing professional basketball,” said Mike Jarvis, head men’s basketball coach. “I would also like to thank him for helping lay a solid foundation for the FAU’s men’s basketball program. I wish him nothing but success in the future, both on and off the basketball court.”

Source: www.fausports.com
Back to the top

Re: Ray Taylor to Leave FAU, Receives Release

So, this was discussed last year even and Ray decided to hang around…he is persuing an agent at the moment, and looks to have found someone willing to represent him.

Likely places? Well, Tokyo comes to mind. Or maybe he can team up again wit Brett in the UK. But, the NBA is out of the question.

Certainly wish him the best in his endeavors, but also Hopes he has thought long and hard about being a year early.

I mean, finish out your career, graduate, then enter the job market. Get another year with better players than yourself coming in next season.

Once he signs, he will never play college ball again. Not that he cares…but to get a degree doing it is alot more fun when that is your passion.

Best wishes, Ray.

Back to the top

So, this was discussed last year even and Ray decided to hang around…he is persuing an agent at the moment, and looks to have found someone willing to represent him.

Likely places? Well, Tokyo comes to mind. Or maybe he can team up again wit Brett in the UK. But, the NBA is out of the question.

Certainly wish him the best in his endeavors, but also Hopes he has thought long and hard about being a year early.

I mean, finish out your career, graduate, then enter the job market. Get another year with better players than yourself coming in next season.

Once he signs, he will never play college ball again. Not that he cares…but to get a degree doing it is alot more fun when that is your passion.

Best wishes, Ray.

Back to the top

This is hard to understand unless he just hates school so much. Leaving early to go play overseas? Doesn't make sense. Jarvis did seem to harp on Ray all year but I think it's because he knew Ray was better. I think a lot of us here know that Ray was not at his best this year. Ray seemed like the type of kid who cared about his education…guess not. Oh well, now we've got another roster spot open.
Back to the top

This is hard to understand unless he just hates school so much. Leaving early to go play overseas? Doesn't make sense. Jarvis did seem to harp on Ray all year but I think it's because he knew Ray was better. I think a lot of us here know that Ray was not at his best this year. Ray seemed like the type of kid who cared about his education…guess not. Oh well, now we've got another roster spot open.
Back to the top

I'm not sure how employable a criminal justice degree is right now so it's hard to argue against this choice, especially to chase your dreams.

I don't see him in the NBA, however.

The upside to this is two more scholarship spots available now that White and Taylor are gone.

Considering the quality of guys we've been bringing in recently, that could be a very good thing for us.

Still, Taylor was my favorite player. Sad to see him go. But I think we're going to have something good here next year. Looking forward to the new guys!
Back to the top

I'm not sure how employable a criminal justice degree is right now so it's hard to argue against this choice, especially to chase your dreams.

I don't see him in the NBA, however.

The upside to this is two more scholarship spots available now that White and Taylor are gone.

Considering the quality of guys we've been bringing in recently, that could be a very good thing for us.

Still, Taylor was my favorite player. Sad to see him go. But I think we're going to have something good here next year. Looking forward to the new guys!
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

As Jarvis had put it previously:

"Anytime someone leaves, others are waiting to take his place."

And in this case, we will continue to be happy with the selections.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

As Jarvis had put it previously:

"Anytime someone leaves, others are waiting to take his place."

And in this case, we will continue to be happy with the selections.
Back to the top
Control functions: