Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Saunders' Statement on Angelos Departure

Add topic

Short, sweet, and to the point:

Craig Angelos, director of FAU athletics since July 2003, will no longer be serving in this role at the University. Craig has played an integral role in the growth of this University and FAU athletics. FAU is grateful for his leadership.

Effective today, Senior Associate Athletic Director Melissa Dawson will serve as Interim Athletic Director and a search for the new Director of Athletics will commence immediately.

We are confident that Melissa's proven leadership and enthusiasm will keep FAU Athletics moving upward during this transitional period.

We thank Craig for his valuable service to the University and for all he has contributed to FAU’s ongoing development.

Mary Jane Saunders, Ph.D.
President of Florida Atlantic University
Back to the top

Short, sweet, and to the point:

Craig Angelos, director of FAU athletics since July 2003, will no longer be serving in this role at the University. Craig has played an integral role in the growth of this University and FAU athletics. FAU is grateful for his leadership.

Effective today, Senior Associate Athletic Director Melissa Dawson will serve as Interim Athletic Director and a search for the new Director of Athletics will commence immediately.

We are confident that Melissa's proven leadership and enthusiasm will keep FAU Athletics moving upward during this transitional period.

We thank Craig for his valuable service to the University and for all he has contributed to FAU’s ongoing development.

Mary Jane Saunders, Ph.D.
President of Florida Atlantic University
Back to the top

Re: Saunders' Statement on Angelos Departure

Why?
Back to the top

Why?
Back to the top

I am for this move, but would like an explanation on why as well.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I'm thinking conference expansion.
Back to the top

I'm thinking conference expansion.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Ha ha you want an explanation?  ;D I'll be sure to let MJ know that you're upset they didn't consult you on this one. Polish up that resume though, wanna be my assistant AD?
Back to the top

walty12 said

Ha ha you want an explanation?  ;D I'll be sure to let MJ know that you're upset they didn't consult you on this one. Polish up that resume though, wanna be my assistant AD?
Back to the top
Control functions: