Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU fires Craig Angelos

Back to the top

Back to the top

Re: FAU fires Craig Angelos

Interesting read.

Schnellenberger would be one of the worst possible successors, in my opinion. Let's just say he's not right for the role and he's in the perfect position as a fundraiser/ambassador right now. I'm sure there are a lot of good candidates out there and I'm confident that Saunders will make a good choice.
Back to the top

Interesting read.

Schnellenberger would be one of the worst possible successors, in my opinion. Let's just say he's not right for the role and he's in the perfect position as a fundraiser/ambassador right now. I'm sure there are a lot of good candidates out there and I'm confident that Saunders will make a good choice.
Back to the top

FAU fires Craig Angelos

I love Schnelly but no way he is right where he should be. Gotta be people with the Creds for the job
Back to the top

I love Schnelly but no way he is right where he should be. Gotta be people with the Creds for the job
Back to the top

Not going to start a new thread. Here's another article from the UP on the matter…

"Why (did they fire him)? Here are a few reasons I got from sources close to the situation. They’ve requested to stay anonymous:

1. No naming rights on the stadium

One source said: “This brand new, amazing stadium, doesn’t have a f**king name on it. It doesn’t have a logo on it. It’s the only billboard in Boca Raton. The only thing you see, the only thing you can possibly put a name on is FAU Stadium. How can you not sell that?

Another source blamed the marketing: “Just last week they made a poster for an FAU-UM game. With the wrong date and time.”

It also talks about some tension between Angelos and his coaches.

Thanks to the UP for getting some inside perspective.
Back to the top

Not going to start a new thread. Here's another article from the UP on the matter…

"Why (did they fire him)? Here are a few reasons I got from sources close to the situation. They’ve requested to stay anonymous:

1. No naming rights on the stadium

One source said: “This brand new, amazing stadium, doesn’t have a f**king name on it. It doesn’t have a logo on it. It’s the only billboard in Boca Raton. The only thing you see, the only thing you can possibly put a name on is FAU Stadium. How can you not sell that?

Another source blamed the marketing: “Just last week they made a poster for an FAU-UM game. With the wrong date and time.”

It also talks about some tension between Angelos and his coaches.

Thanks to the UP for getting some inside perspective.
Back to the top

That's perfect insight from the UP (never thought I'd say that) but think of how many times we've bitched on here about the cluster that is ticket sales, the owl club, marketing, etc! There is a very small population of die hard FAU fans and if WE have a hard time giving the school money, finding out when/where events will be, buying tickets to events, then your average fan will just stay home. It was time.
Back to the top

That's perfect insight from the UP (never thought I'd say that) but think of how many times we've bitched on here about the cluster that is ticket sales, the owl club, marketing, etc! There is a very small population of die hard FAU fans and if WE have a hard time giving the school money, finding out when/where events will be, buying tickets to events, then your average fan will just stay home. It was time.
Back to the top
Control functions: