Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU asks Boca to Increase Max Number of Stadium Events

Add topic

FAU has

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

requested an amendment to their Campus Development Agreement that originally stipulated a maximum of 15 events for the stadium. This severely limits the amount of revenue it can produce, of course, so FAU wants to boost the number to 26 events total (6 football games, 19 other events, 1 special event… see the link for more details on days/times)

(You read it here first!)
Back to the top

Re: FAU asks Boca to Increase Max Number of Stadium Events

Owl2Doc said

FAU has requested an amendment to their Campus Development Agreement that originally stipulated a maximum of 15 events for the stadium. This severely limits the amount of revenue it can produce, of course, so FAU wants to boost the number to 26 events total (6 football games, 19 other events, 1 special event… see the link for more details on days/times)

Oh my.

Lets watch as the Condo Commandos go batty.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

FAU has requested an amendment to their Campus Development Agreement that originally stipulated a maximum of 15 events for the stadium. This severely limits the amount of revenue it can produce, of course, so FAU wants to boost the number to 26 events total (6 football games, 19 other events, 1 special event… see the link for more details on days/times)

Oh my.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

FAU asks Boca to Increase Max Number of Stadium Events

Owl2Doc said

+1  :D
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

+1  :D
Back to the top

Bet that is just the "starting point" and they end up negotiating it up to (or down to, hoewever you prefer to look at it ::)) to 20 events.
Back to the top

Bet that is just the "starting point" and they end up negotiating it up to (or down to, hoewever you prefer to look at it ::)) to 20 events.
Back to the top

owlfamily said

Oh my.

Let them try. I feel ZERO sympathy for the people who move near a large public center like an airport, theme park, zoo or university and then complain about it. I don't care how good the deal is. Do your research and think ahead. Stadium or no stadium, there's going to be more and more traffic and noise coming through every year.

I don't know if you guys have ever heard of Africa USA but it was this major zoological attraction like Lion Country Safari that used to exist in Boca Raton in the 50's. Can you guess the reason it's not still here?

"As the 1950s continued, Africa USA became more and more popular as a tourist attraction with 300,000 visitors a year. (Founder) John Pedersen had succeeded in putting Boca Raton on the map. Housing developments such as Boca Isles began to spring up around the Africa USA property. Many residents complained about the noise and traffic to which Africa USA contributed. Africa USA was sold and closed its doors on September 4, 1961."

Makes me so mad.
Back to the top

owlfamily said

Oh my.

Let them try. I feel ZERO sympathy for the people who move near a large public center like an airport, theme park, zoo or university and then complain about it. I don't care how good the deal is. Do your research and think ahead. Stadium or no stadium, there's going to be more and more traffic and noise coming through every year.

I don't know if you guys have ever heard of Africa USA but it was this major zoological attraction like Lion Country Safari that used to exist in Boca Raton in the 50's. Can you guess the reason it's not still here?

"As the 1950s continued, Africa USA became more and more popular as a tourist attraction with 300,000 visitors a year. (Founder) John Pedersen had succeeded in putting Boca Raton on the map. Housing developments such as Boca Isles began to spring up around the Africa USA property. Many residents complained about the noise and traffic to which Africa USA contributed. Africa USA was sold and closed its doors on September 4, 1961."

Makes me so mad.
Back to the top

My geography professor mentioned that too about Spanish River Bloverad exit to. I said this is also the community that didn't want the stadium built.
Back to the top
Control functions: