Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Women's Soccer Adds World & National Champion Staci Wilson to Coaching Staff

Add topic

FAU Women's Soccer Adds World & National Champion Staci Wilson to Coaching Staff

Head Coach Brian Dooley has named world and national champion Staci Wilson as a full-time assistant coach for the program.

Wilson, a three-time national champion while playing at the University of North Carolina (1994, 1996 and 1997), also brings international and professional playing experience to working with FAU players.  She was a defender on the United States’ 1996 Olympic gold medal-winning team and won two professional championships.

“Staci is a champion and knows what it takes to succeed,” said Dooley.  “She has the ability to motivate and inspire because she can relate to the student-athletes as someone who been in their shoes at the absolute highest level.

“Staci understands the process required to play at the highest levels in competitive soccer.  She demonstrates commitment and discipline in every aspect of her coaching and relates very well to the players.  We are grateful and honored to have her as a part of our staff and FAU women’s soccer family,” the coach said.

“I am really excited for this opportunity,” said Wilson.  “I am looking forward to helping lead the Florida Atlantic women’s soccer program to the next level.  There are talented players in the program and I look forward to working with these quality young women.”

Source: FAU Media Relations
Back to the top

Re: FAU Women's Soccer Adds World & National Champion Staci Wilson to Coaching Staff

Rick said

Head Coach Brian Dooley has named world and national champion Staci Wilson as a full-time assistant coach for the program.

Wilson, a three-time national champion while playing at the University of North Carolina (1994, 1996 and 1997), also brings international and professional playing experience to working with FAU players.  She was a defender on the United States’ 1996 Olympic gold medal-winning team and won two professional championships.

Assistant? Sounds like she should be a little higher than assistant. Ahem.
Back to the top
Control functions: