Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Stadium to Host “Rock to Live” Music Festival on Saturday, April 28

Add topic

Florida Atlantic University's Football Stadium will be the site for the 2012 National Day of Awareness to Text Responsibly and the "Rock to Live" Music Festival on Saturday, April 28, beginning at 5 p.m.

Grammy Award-winners Chris Brown and One Republic, along with Canadian rockers Surface Rising and country music's rising star BadHorse and Jessica Dawn will highlight the line-up of performances at this powerful student-driven event.

The event will mark the first concert held in FAU's new on-campus stadium and is sponsored by Spanish River High School, PhoneGuard, Global Maximus Productions, and Channel One News.
Back to the top

Re: FAU Stadium to Host “Rock to Live” Music Festival on Saturday, April 28

Rick said

The event will mark the first concert held in FAU’s new on-campus stadium and is sponsored by Spanish River High School, PhoneGuard, Global Maximus Productions, and Channel One News.

It's interesting that the local high school - and my alma mater, in fact - is the first to have a concert in the stadium before national concert promoters or our own SG Program Board.
Back to the top

Was this the concert that was supposed to have The Beebs playing at it?
Back to the top

There will be an easter / christian event this coming sunday at the stadium around 8:00 pm
Back to the top

AlexFAU06 said

There will be an easter / christian event this coming sunday at the stadium around 8:00 pm

Calvary Chapel Fort Lauderdale is leasing it for the service…29K are expected and they have been issuing tickets for the event.

The service is at 8:30 AM.
Back to the top

FAU Stadium to Host “Rock to Live” Music Festival on Saturday, April 28

Rick said

29K are expected and they have been issuing tickets for the event.

ok, we need to have a service in the stadium during every football game.  Wow.
Back to the top

;D
Back to the top

Will they have the concessions open? Maybe this will be a good practice drill for them to see their flaws and fix them before the season begins.

I went to the Yankees/Marlins game on Monday night. You want to talk about a nightmare at concessions, that was pretty bad

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I am excited that they will be using the stadium for events like these.  It will expose our campus/stadium to more people and make the naming rights more marketable.

Question I have is, I know we are alloted 'x' amount of events per year.  Do football summer camps count as an event?  If not, are we running them at the stadium this summer?

We need to get the talent from the local areas to our stadium while they are in high school.  This will serve as a recruiting tool.  I would like to see us bus the kids from the Okechobee area to our stadium for the camps…

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Our 1st sellout of the year - COOL! ::)

But seriously I agree that these events need to improve customer service in all areas; ticket sales, ushers, concessions, parking - lets learn to run this stadium right, in a 1st class professional manner to IMPRESS our campus visitors to want to come back often!
Back to the top
Control functions: