Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Does having only one porta-potty cost FAU baseball recruits?

Add topic

"Florida Atlantic University has one of the better baseball programs in the nation, but their facilities don’t reflect that. They currently sit a top the Sun Belt Conference, but every player has to sit atop the same throne when they need to take a dump. In an era where Division-I players in the most elite programs workout and practice in multimillion-dollar facilities, 30-plus FAU players have to share a single outhouse."

Larry Brown Sports Weighs In
Back to the top

Re: Does having only one porta-potty cost FAU baseball recruits?

I hope they keep pounding the school with negative attention about the baseball facilities. It may be the only way they can finally cave in and build something better.

That said, aren't there decent bathrooms a about 50-100 feet away over by the pool? Why are players using a port-a-let by the dugout when they could just walk over by the pool and use that instead?
Back to the top

C'mon FAU admins - are you not ASHAMED to have a decent D1 level program playing in a facility that does not even have a bathroom facility for it's players and fans. Come to think of it, how is the port a potty handicapped accesible and how does it meet S. Florida building and health codes not to mention the ADA?
Did we not have some extra or leftover plumbing from building the football stadium or could we not have "ordered" a few extras and then use them to construct a true restroom facility for the baseball stadium? A concrete slab and concrete blocks ARE NOT that much money. Hell, from what I have read, the players themselves would have built it if given the supplies.
Again, C'MON FAU ADMINS!
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

That said, aren't there decent bathrooms a about 50-100 feet away over by the pool?

There are restrooms, but the place smells, and is in major need of an overall as well…
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

I hope they keep pounding the school with negative attention about the baseball facilities. It may be the only way they can finally cave in and build something better.

Unfortunately, I don't think negative attention will even make a difference in terms of an upgrade in baseball facilities. It's going to take a hurricane to come through and damage the stadium so they can use the insurance money to fix it up, kind of like what they did with the burrow after Wilma

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Does having only one porta-potty cost FAU baseball recruits?

With articles like these on the baseball stadium, we will NEVER get invited to a better conference. STEP IT UP ADMINS!
Back to the top

I read the same article and it is digusting. The baseball team is constantly good, yet 5-10 million cant be found. I understand about the football stadium though.
Back to the top

Im good spending a little money to upgrade baseball but we need a basketball arena before anything else.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Filling the football stadium and producing a winning program helps bring money to the department. Look at how bad Wisconsin was before Alvarez took over. Lets hope that when the baseball stadium is renovated they do everything.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Filling the football stadium and producing a winning program helps bring money to the department.

And filling the port-a-potty and producing stench helps bring flies…
Back to the top
Control functions: