Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Florida Atlantic looks to Student Athletic Fee Increase to Payoff Stadium Loan

Add topic

It is said that a five percent increase in student Athletic fees is needed to offset the monies that were dedicated to the loan payment for FAU Stadium.

Obvious translation: they want the students to pick up the tab.

Here's a piece explaining it that Ted put out today in the Sentinel. The Board of Trustees will meet on it on Thursday.

Current Athletics fees across the State:

West Florida: $17.49

FGCU: $16.54

FAU: $16.45

FIU: $15.56

UNF: $14.98

USF: $14.15

FAMU: $13.97

UCF: $13.00

FSU: $7.39

UF: $1.90
Back to the top

Re: Florida Atlantic looks to Student Athletic Fee Increase to Payoff Stadium Loan

That would push us to highest fee in the state - I say no, limit it to 5% or 10% max!
Back to the top

Re: Florida Atlantic looks to Student Athletic Fee Increase to Payoff Stadium Loan

The title's a little misleading since it's not just the stadium that this increase is paying for… but it's still going to infuriate students.
Back to the top

Florida Atlantic looks to Student Athletic Fee Increase to Payoff Stadium Loan

Hey, maybe get naming rights??    ::)
Back to the top

The said

Hey, maybe get naming rights??    ::)

+1

Back to the top

"FAU Students Stadium"

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

I'm not a student any more….raise it to whatever you want!  :D
Back to the top

PowerOwl said

"FAU Students Stadium"

Guys, that would be an awesome name!
Back to the top

I haven't read anything official but I would say this might be the main reason for Angelos' demise. I'm sure the university did not want to put a increase in student activity fees on top of a tuition increase.  The new AD will be expected to pull in some big money.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

I'm not a student any more….raise it to whatever you want!   :D

LOL… Right on!
Back to the top
Control functions: