Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Banners

Add topic

Not sure if you guys care about these kind of developments but I think it's exciting.

As I mentioned before, FAU SGA has been working on placing FAU banners along Glades Road for some time now. I'm not sure how many administrations back it has gone but this Tuesday the City Council votes on approving the installation of 18 banners on FPL poles between the west water utilities plant and the east side flowering garden.

You can see the map and full proposal here.

Apparently this sort of thing is a violation of city ordinance (and many people will say, "whateva, we own that land" but apparently it's considered an 'off-campus' installation, according to the document) and they're making an exception for us. Wow.

The proposal is recommended for approval.

So unless councilman Anthony Mahjess somehow f*cks this up for us - even though he's outvoted on most things - FAU banners should rise up along Glades in the near future! Woohoo!

That said, I'm not a big fan of the current designs… I really like the ones we have on campus, especially along North University Road (formerly Lee Road) so I'm hoping that once we get approval, these banners will improve in quality over time. You can see the designs in the document and they're pretty plain… must have done that to get the first approval. Baby steps…
Back to the top

Re: FAU Banners

Every little step helps. Does FAU have a liaison to the city?
Back to the top

BMarkey said

Every little step helps. Does FAU have a liaison to the city?

Tom Donaudy, University Architect, usually speaks on development-related issues.
Back to the top

Liason? Yeah, Craig Angelos!

But all joking aside, our visibility has come a real long way. But I still feel like we our in our cocoon state because the officials of Boca won't let us break out.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

FAU Banners

Did the City Council approve the request? If they did, it be awesome for the University, but the design for the banners could be better. Just my opinion.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

You can see the designs in the document and they're pretty plain…

For sake of ease…….

Courtesy: Sun Sentinel
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Did the City Council approve the request? If they did, it be awesome for the University, but the design for the banners could be better. Just my opinion.

Not yet. This coming Tuesday. Agreed the banners could be better but like I said, I think they were playing it safe to get the initial ok. They can always change them later.
Back to the top

Thanks Owl2Doc. I looked up the city council agenda but it wasnt up there. Maybe the city council made a exception.
Back to the top

Once the banners are up the ice is broken.  We'll be able to change the design once these get damaged etc.

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

PowerOwl said

Once the banners are up the ice is broken.  We'll be able to change the design once these get damaged etc.

PowerOwl, are you outlining the Classic Bait & Switch??

;D
Back to the top
Control functions: