Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Trips to UGA & Bama

Hey Owls,
I'm planning on taking the trips up to Athens and Tuscaloosa in September.  My fraternity is staying at the house up in UGA, but my girlfriend will be coming with us, and I'd hate for her to have to stay at her chapter's house all by herself or at a house full of Georgia fraternity men that she wouldn't know on a Friday night.  Therefore, I'm looking for a nice (but cheap) hotel in Downtown Athens (and Tuscaloosa) to stay at for the weekend.  If any alumni, students, fans, or (and espically student organizations like fraternities and Owl-Rangers) want to stay together in the city, then please say something below.
FAUDelt, do y'all have a house up there in Athens and Tuscaloosa?
Back to the top

Re: Trips to UGA & Bama

Tuscaloosa is a GREAT game day experience. You'll enjoy it despite the outcome. The fans are welcoming and friendly. I went their when FIU played Bama in 08, but have also been there two other times because a good friend is a huge Bama fan and we try to make a game a year there. When we go we stay in Hoover, AL. It's close to Tuscaloosa, the crowds aren't so bad, and the rates are cheaper than you'll likely find in and around the university.
Have a good time.
Back to the top

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it but I am going to try and get up to Athens for the Georgia game.  I've never been there though so I can't offer you any suggestions.  I'll keep an eye on this topic though as the time gets closer.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

I am looking to attend the Georgia game as well, though no hotel probably drive there and back, but I'm only 2.5 hours away.
Sure would be a great game to pull our first BIG BCS Win!!!! ;)
Back to the top

Trips to UGA & Bama

HootinHollerin said

Hey Owls,
I'm planning on taking the trips up to Athens and Tuscaloosa in September.  My fraternity is staying at the house up in UGA, but my girlfriend will be coming with us, and I'd hate for her to have to stay at her chapter's house all by herself or at a house full of Georgia fraternity men that she wouldn't know on a Friday night.  Therefore, I'm looking for a nice (but cheap) hotel in Downtown Athens (and Tuscaloosa) to stay at for the weekend.  If any alumni, students, fans, or (and espically student organizations like fraternities and Owl-Rangers) want to stay together in the city, then please say something below.
 Yea Delt has big houses at both schools as for you i would not bring my GF when at schools like UGA and Bama you dont want to have to worry about her where she is staying and all that ****. And you dont want her there when your trying to with some strange at UGA and Bama it a once and a life time oppertunity you dont want a GF getting in the ways of things.
Back to the top

HootinHollerin said

Hey Owls,
I'm planning on taking the trips up to Athens and Tuscaloosa in September.  My fraternity is staying at the house up in UGA, but my girlfriend will be coming with us, and I'd hate for her to have to stay at her chapter's house all by herself or at a house full of Georgia fraternity men that she wouldn't know on a Friday night.  Therefore, I'm looking for a nice (but cheap) hotel in Downtown Athens (and Tuscaloosa) to stay at for the weekend.  If any alumni, students, fans, or (and espically student organizations like fraternities and Owl-Rangers) want to stay together in the city, then please say something below.

Yeah I think i'm just going to the UGA trip and staying at there house. I hate that they are back to back weekends. It might be difficult finding a cheap hotel, as most of those places in town bank and rely off of weekends in the fall, so they like to lock you into 2-3 nights (which I'm assuming your going to need anyways.) I would venture over to one of the Bama and Dawgs free message boards and ask. I believe that's what my group of guys did a few years back when we played at South Carolina. We ended up with a nice and cheap location, but it was kind of distant from everything. So I would ask for their opinions on what hotel is the best in relevance to bars, stadium, food and fraternity row.
Back to the top

FAU said

HootinHollerin said

Hey Owls,

Yeah I think i'm just going to the UGA trip and staying at there house. I hate that they are back to back weekends. It might be difficult finding a cheap hotel, as most of those places in town bank and rely off of weekends in the fall, so they like to lock you into 2-3 nights (which I'm assuming your going to need anyways.) I would venture over to one of the Bama and Dawgs free message boards and ask. I believe that's what my group of guys did a few years back when we played at South Carolina. We ended up with a nice and cheap location, but it was kind of distant from everything. So I would ask for their opinions on what hotel is the best in relevance to bars, stadium, food and fraternity row.

Yeah good idea, I'll go ahead and do that.  I've also talked to Turtz and he said that he likes the idea of IFC alotting some tickets in the FAU section for the Greeks, just like what they do at UGA, Bama, and other big time schools.
Back to the top
Control functions: