Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Morris could be the right player in the right place

Nice piece out on former Owl RB Alfred Morris today from Redskins blogger Rich Tandler…

Morris said he was shocked when the phone rang during the draft and the Redskins’ head coach was on the other end.

“‘He said, ‘This is Mike Shanahan, welcome to the Redskins,’” said Morris, who grew up a Redskins fan. “I was like, wow! It kind of floored be but I was excited, I told him thank you, thank you and ended up talking to [running backs] coach [Bobby] Turner.”

It wasn’t the first time that Morris had talked to Shanahan. He was a member of the South team at the Senior Bowl, the squad coached by the Redskins’ staff. Morris was a bit puzzled by Shanahan’s demeanor on the practice field. “He was just kind of quiet the whole time, he just walked around.”

Back to the top

Re: Morris could be the right player in the right place

Good article, and the commenters at the bottom also seem to have high hopes for Morris.  Hopefully we'll be watching him on sundays come september.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Great article. Morris is a hard worker from what people have told me. He is going to show that he belongs there.
Back to the top

Good for him, he WILL make the team, as a minimum as a verry good special teamer and we shall see how many carries of catches he gets. I bet quite a few in pre-season games!
Back to the top

I'm curious to know if he can be as successful at the NFL level. Good luck, Alfred.
Back to the top
Control functions: