Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

MCA of the Beastie Boys, dead at 47

Add topic

Adam "MCA" Yauch, one of the founding members of the Beastie Boys has died today of cancer. He was 47.

In 2009, Yauch announced he was being treated for a cancerous parotid gland and a lymph node. He has since undergone surgery and radiation therapy. Yauch is survived by his wife, Dechen Wengdu, and their daughter, Losel.

RIP MCA

I have to admit this one hurts a lot more than Seau. I think a good majority of us on here grew up with the Beastie Boys, even if you don't like hip-hop/rap everyone knew Fight for Your Right or even Sabotage.

R.I.P. Adam! You will be missed

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: MCA of the Beastie Boys, dead at 47

I still think License to Ill is one of the greatest albums ever. 

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

I have to admit this one hurts a lot more than Seau. I think a good majority of us on here grew up with the Beastie Boys, even if you don't like hip-hop/rap everyone knew Fight for Your Right or even Sabotage.

R.I.P. Adam! You will be missed

Not just Rap, they were also Rock and great musicians in general, some of the songs without lyrics were just as good as the hits.

They are Music Legends!
RIP Adam… MCA

:'(
Back to the top

MCA of the Beastie Boys, dead at 47

They were definitely pioneers and very influential for a lot of musicians. Was at Sunfest on Saturday every band I saw from Mighty Mighty Bosstones, All American Rejects, Girl Talk and from what I heard even Third Eye Blind gave a shout out to "RIP MCA". Not bad for 3 kids from NY.

License to Ill is one of the best albums I've ever heard. From the 1st track to the last every one of them is good. My favorite one though, by far is Paul Revere

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: