Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football Places Seven on Phil Steele's 2012 Pre-Season All Sun Belt Teams

What a stark contrast to 2010, when the Owls had two first teamers (1O, 1D), seven second teamers (3O, 4D), and solo mentions on third and fourth team (2D).

Of note:

A team that hasn't even played a down yet in the league (USA) has better representation on offense, and aren't far behind on defense.

Ouch.

Anyway, here's the 2012 summary for Florida Atlantic:

Offense
OL Andy Czuprynski -3rd Team

Defense
LB Randell Johnson - 1st Team
LB David Hinds - 2nd Team
DB Keith Reaser - 3rd Team
S Demetrius Williamson - 3rd Team

Special Teams
P Vinny Zaccario - 4th Team
PR Travis Jones - 4th Team

All Selections

Steele's 2012 College Football Preview Magazine with full information on all leagues will hit the shelf on June 5th.
Back to the top

Re: FAU Football Places Seven on Phil Steele's 2012 Pre-Season All Sun Belt Teams

Gotta prove themselves!

Owls also got a 2012 commit form Kayvon Sherrill a GEORGIA boy from North Cobb HS who may just make this list by seasons end. A gem who did not have the grades but now does. Check out this vid from Hutchinson CC workouts and let me know what you think. He has put on 50 pounds since HS but still show alll the DE or quicks and moves AND strength here.

Kayvon Sherrill - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

A great quote from  when he signed with Valdosta St.; “Keyvon Sherrill is a big time player,” Dean said. “He was recruited by several Division I schools and actually visited South Carolina. He’s a guy that has size to go along with his speed. We’ve had a lot of (ends) with speed, but not great size. He has both. He has long arms and big hands. He’ll be a guy that hopefully comes off the edge and gets some pressure.”
Back to the top

Re: FAU Football Places Seven on Phil Steele's 2012 Pre-Season All Sun Belt Teams

GeorgiaOwl said

Gotta prove themselves!

Owls also got a 2012 commit form Kayvon Sherrill a GEORGIA boy from North Cobb HS who may just make this list by seasons end. A gem who did not have the grades but now does. Check out this vid from Hutchinson CC workouts and let me know what you think. He has put on 50 pounds since HS but still show alll the DE or quicks and moves AND strength here.

Kayvon Sherrill - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

A great quote from  when he signed with Valdosta St.; “Keyvon Sherrill is a big time player,” Dean said. “He was recruited by several Division I schools and actually visited South Carolina. He’s a guy that has size to go along with his speed. We’ve had a lot of (ends) with speed, but not great size. He has both. He has long arms and big hands. He’ll be a guy that hopefully comes off the edge and gets some pressure.”

Well GA, since you asked, here's what I think:

Intriguing photo of him standing in front of a urinal on his FaceBook page…….

Not sure I get the "image" being projected there.
Back to the top

FAU Football Places Seven on Phil Steele's 2012 Pre-Season All Sun Belt Teams

Saw that on his Facebook page too. At least he did not turn around! :D

Hope he is just a goofy funny kid and not a punk. One that LOVES TO PLAY SOME FOOTBALL!
Back to the top
Control functions: