Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Former FAU Owl Lestar Jean Getting Starter Reps in Houston

Saw this on twitter. This is from the Houston Texans blog

With Andre Johnson sitting out of organized team activities (OTAs) after having arthroscopic knee surgery, wide receiver Lestar Jean is practicing as a starter opposite Kevin Walter. He dropped a couple of balls today,” Texans coach Gary Kubiak said after practice on Monday. “You know, he’s got an excellent opportunity. He’s working as a starter right now in OTAs, so what an opportunity for him as a player, and it’ll be interesting to see how far he comes.”

Full Story

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Former FAU Owl Lestar Jean Getting Starter Reps in Houston

That s awesome, he will thrive
Back to the top

Now is his time to impress the coaching staff. "The Texans’ wide receiver position is wide open beyond Johnson and Walter, who will both be 31 this season. None of the Texans’ other receivers, including Jean, has caught a pass in the NFL"

Clearly they're looking for someone young and Lestar has a great opportunity here, just do your thing LJ!

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

None of their other wideouts have caught a pass in the NFL… talk about a golden opportunity for Jean.

Go get 'em Lestar!!!!!!!

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Former FAU Owl Lestar Jean Getting Starter Reps in Houston

Come on Lestar, don't drop any more balls!
Back to the top

Back to the top

Now is the TIME for LJ…….

Get 'Er Dun!
Back to the top

I heard from a friend of a friend that lives in the Houston area, they are very high on Lester right now, his name is being spoken of very highly on the sports radio circuit. Definitely a good thing to hear, wish him the best, hope he will be playing on Sundays (& Monday & Thursday & Saturday too).

GO OWLS!!
Back to the top

I really hope Jean does well - would love to have an Owl performing consistently in the NFL.

On another note to Rick, what's the right forum for talk about Owls in the NFL? FAU Football? Open Sports Forum? Should there be a separate "Owls in the Pros" forum?
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

I really hope Jean does well - would love to have an Owl performing consistently in the NFL.

On another note to Rick, what's the right forum for talk about Owls in the NFL? FAU Football? Open Sports Forum? Should there be a separate "Owls in the Pros" forum?

+1  Great idea Doc!

Go OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: