Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Athletic Director Position: Official Applicant Listing

As of today…

Did my best with cross referencing the current and former roles for the applicants, but could have missed some. The blanks yielded no easy query. Feel free to fire away!

Back to the top

Re: FAU Athletic Director Position: Official Applicant Listing

A diverse list of candidates indeed.    A lot of UM guys I notice (3).

I like the Eastern Washington AD , Bill Chaves.  5 years experience as an AD there and an FCS  National Championship in Football in 2010.  I just pulled a quote of his off of the EWU website:

'"Emphasize what you do have and not what you don't have".

Does that statement define how to attack the job as FAU AD or what?  He's hired!!

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

FAU Athletic Director Position: Official Applicant Listing

Weird that Terry didn't apply but his counterpart at Kansas did.
Back to the top

Interesting list and it seems like a number are qualified for the position.  It's tough to analyze this in any meaningful way having never heard of most of them, but I'd prefer candidates with experience at the position, has worked at a major program, and experience in marketing.  Seems like a number of people on that list meet those qualifications.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Interesting list and it seems like a number are qualified for the position.  It's tough to analyze this in any meaningful way having never heard of most of them, but I'd prefer candidates with experience at the position, has worked at a major program, and experience in marketing.  Seems like a number of people on that list meet those qualifications.

I agree with you, I get concerned though with guys from Big 6 programs because they are used to having money to play with.  As we all know,  FAU is broke.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

I looked over the list and saw Anton Goff - Bowie State. I looked quickly and thought it said Boise State haha. So I had to look at it again that's when I noticed it said Bowie, not Boise

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Weird that Terry didn't apply but his counterpart at Kansas did.

I can't blame him.  The KU hoops program is a money machine. The only reason to come back here is Boca.  He knows the mess that was left here by Craig.  He also knows the job of cleaning up the mess is a huge undertaking.   

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

I noticed the AD from Old Dominion. The same that just joined CUSA! But on their site he is listed as Sr. Assoc. AD! Still interesting that he would leave their "upward bound" program to run FAU.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

I noticed the AD from Old Dominion. The same that just joined CUSA! But on their site he is listed as Sr. Assoc. AD! Still interesting that he would leave their "upward bound" program to run FAU.

I guess he figures if you're going to run a mid-major program, it's better to do it in S. FL

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Thanks, was moving pretty fast to throw that together…corrected
Back to the top
Control functions: