Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UT Arlington Will Give Owls' Hoops Another Nice Place to Play on the Road

Add topic

Their new digs...all $78M worth.

Back to the top

Re: UT Arlington Will Give Owls' Hoops Another Nice Place to Play on the Road

Great looking facility.  Not sure what else they add to the conference, but they do have a pretty good basketball program. 
Back to the top

They paid $78M for a 7K seat basketball arena. We paid $78M for a 30K seat football stadium. Guess that's Texas for ya! ;)
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

They paid $78M for a 7K seat basketball arena. We paid $78M for a 30K seat football stadium. Guess that's Texas for ya! ;)

They do everything BIG out there!

;D
Back to the top

That blows the Burrow out of the water!

Then I saw the cost of building it  >:( Why can't we be that dedicated to our athletics.  We're just the fastest program in history to win a bowl game, and then back to back bowl games (suck it USF), no big deal, right?
Back to the top

HootinHollerin said

Then I saw the cost of building it  >:( Why can't we be that dedicated to our athletics.  We're just the fastest program in history to win a bowl game, and then back to back bowl games (suck it USF), no big deal, right?

Umm…we just spent that on a football stadium.  That doesn't show dedication?
Back to the top

UT Arlington Will Give Owls' Hoops Another Nice Place to Play on the Road

And in the middle, of an economic downturn. But the good news is we saved on construction costs and got a good rate on the mortgage!

But if we are to upgrade facilities at any time (baseball AND basketball) NOW is the time to commit for the VERY same reasons we did well on the football stadium! maybe we can inrterest a naming sponsor with a package deal on all three stadiums…something is better than nothing (what we have gotton so far!). An interesting thought to me, say a three for the price of two deal!
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

HootinHollerin said

Then I saw the cost of building it  >:( Why can't we be that dedicated to our athletics.  We're just the fastest program in history to win a bowl game, and then back to back bowl games (suck it USF), no big deal, right?

Umm…we just spent that on a football stadium.  That doesn't show dedication?

You're right, FAU is totally dedicated to our athletics department.  We will totally spend that much cash on a new basketball arena right now!
Back to the top

I cant wait for the day we have a real arena on campus...for more reasons than just basketball.

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

PowerOwl said

I cant wait for the day we have a real arena on campus…for more reasons than just basketball.

+1.
Back to the top
Control functions: