Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2012 Sun Belt Baseball Tournament Thread

Add topic

Re: 2012 Sun Belt Baseball Tournament Thread

sirwgula said

dusky256fc said

Another tough loss.  Horrible tourney after a great year.

Rick, do you think we have any shot at an at large bid with the conference rpi?

I would say any little hope we had for an at large bid died with the loss to south alabama. Our RPI and the conferences is too low this year.

Agree…if we would have made it the championship game, then good shot…now, no…….
Back to the top

FIU loses all THREE Games in tournament play…….

Considering five our our wins this year are against them, not good for the RPI.

Sunday's Championship Game:

ULM vs ASU

2:00 PM EST

Live on CSS
Back to the top

Need ASU to win. Maybe in some weird logic... they will say we think the sunbelt deserves two seeds. With ASU number 2, then they will let us in at the 1 seed. Basically, I am dreaming.. ha. But hey, it never hurts to dream and hope.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Another NCAA sport where I hate the fact that the YEAR-LONG champion does not receive the auto bid while a way back in the pack team with a potential losing record can have one good week and get in. See the Belt men's basketball reps at the NCAA's tha past two years - EMBARRASSING!

Couldn't agree more. It's unacceptable when you're the regular season champs and you have to stay at home. I get that every conference needs a championship tournament for fairness sake but there needs to be an auto-invite for the regular season's champion AS WELL AS the conference tournament champion - 2 bids. Two bids at the minimum.

If we're ever ballsy enough to be openly exploring a move to other conferences and the Sun Belt asks why we don't stay, this reason should definitely be on the list: the number of times (especially recently) that we've won the conference outright and slipped at the tournament, thus spending the season at home because the Sun Belt admins can't secure us two measly spots in the NCAA tournament.

We can't leave this conference quickly enough.
Back to the top

The Warhawks knocked off Arkansas State in the Championship game on Sunday 4-2.

ULM now turns their eyes to the NCAA Tournament selection show which will air on Monday, May 28 at 12:00 p.m.EST on ESPNU.

The remaining at-large teams, top-eight national seeds, first-round regional pairings and site assignments will be announced.

Florida Atlantic's Mike Albaladejo was named to the Sun Belt's All Tournament team.
Back to the top

What their needs to be, is an advantage for winning the conference. We won conference and then had to play 3 games in 3 days. After an exhausting opening game they are right back at it again the next afternoon.

At the very least there should be a 1st round bye for winning the conference or make it even so that the top 2 seeds get a bye. Something, otherwise what's the point of finishing 1st?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

2012 Sun Belt Baseball Tournament Thread

Jab979 said

At the very least there should be a 1st round bye for winning the conference or make it even so that the top 2 seeds get a bye. Something, otherwise what's the point of finishing 1st?

Yeah, that is strange. Not only did we not get a bye, we had to play all three games at the site of a lower seed instead of hosting a game here. Stupidity.

Has anyone ever written to the Sun Belt administrators to complain about… anything? Do they respond?
Back to the top
Control functions: