Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Best home uniforms in SBC

Man the things that Summer do to you.  I was on youtube, trying to get my college football fix and stumpled upon a highlight video from WKU.  Now I knew that they had a new jersey set for this past season, but I never took the time to really check them out, even when they were at FAU.  All I can say is WOW!  I love that classic red/white look, with the double stripe on the helmet, shirt, and pants.  So it got me to thinking, what about the rest of the SBC, how do their jerseys look?  In the end I made a list of what I believe are the best home jerseys in the conference.  What do y'all think?

1. Western Kentucky
2. Florida Atlantic
3. Middle Tennessee State (their blue ones, not the all black)
4. Louisiana
5. Louisiana Monroe
6. Florida International
7. South Alabama
8. North Texas
9. Arkansas State

For me, any team that has pants a color different than white, is automatically down on the list; uni color uniforms are hideous (UNT, FIU, AState), only a few schools can pull it off and none are in the SBC.  That being said I love UNT's home jerseys with white pants, which the wore against WKU, and FIU's white pants alternate looks alright, but is too plain for my liking.  I like the more classical looks (WKU, FAU) over the post modern "art work" that is seen in Oregon and Maryland.  MTSU and UL found a way to make their modern new jerseys, with the little fleur de lis on the shoulders for UL, classic and slick looking.  ULM's helmet makes the uniforms.  South Alabama, just like FIU, is much to plain, even though their helmet is on the same level as ULM's for one of the best in the SBC.  AState needs to stop wearing all black all the time.  It's cool for the big games (much like MTSU) but it's much for every home game week in and week out.
So, who do y'all think the 9 schools in the conference should be when it comes to their uniforms?
The next question I'll bring up when this conversation is over is the best stadium in the SBC.
Back to the top

Re: Best home uniforms in SBC

HootinHollerin said

Man the things that Summer do to you.  I was on youtube, trying to get my college football fix and stumpled upon a highlight video from WKU.  Now I knew that they had a new jersey set for this past season, but I never took the time to really check them out, even when they were at FAU.  All I can say is WOW!  I love that classic red/white look, with the double stripe on the helmet, shirt, and pants.  So it got me to thinking, what about the rest of the SBC, how do their jerseys look?  In the end I made a list of what I believe are the best home jerseys in the conference.  What do y'all think?

1. Western Kentucky
2. Florida Atlantic
3. Middle Tennessee State (their blue ones, not the all black)
4. Louisiana
5. Louisiana Monroe
6. Florida International
7. South Alabama
8. North Texas
9. Arkansas State

For me, any team that has pants a color different than white, is automatically down on the list; uni color uniforms are hideous (UNT, FIU, AState), only a few schools can pull it off and none are in the SBC.  That being said I love UNT's home jerseys with white pants, which the wore against WKU, and FIU's white pants alternate looks alright, but is too plain for my liking.  I like the more classical looks (WKU, FAU) over the post modern "art work" that is seen in Oregon and Maryland.  MTSU and UL found a way to make their modern new jerseys, with the little fleur de lis on the shoulders for UL, classic and slick looking.  ULM's helmet makes the uniforms.  South Alabama, just like FIU, is much to plain, even though their helmet is on the same level as ULM's for one of the best in the SBC.  AState needs to stop wearing all black all the time.  It's cool for the big games (much like MTSU) but it's much for every home game week in and week out.
So, who do y'all think the 9 schools in the conference should be when it comes to their uniforms?
The next question I'll bring up when this conversation is over is the best stadium in the SBC.

You really like ours that much??

Why pray tell?
Back to the top

It's classic, and features two main colors, navy and white, instead of all navy like FIU.  Also the stripe pattern on the helmet, jersey, and pants are all the same, 2 small red stripes on the outside, then 2 small white stripe, and in the middle a thick navy blue line.  WKU are the only ones with us with such a pattern so prodominate every where on their home and away jersey.  Simplicity goes a long way in my book.
Back to the top

HootinHollerin said

It's classic, and features two main colors, navy and white, instead of all navy like FIU.  Also the stripe pattern on the helmet, jersey, and pants are all the same, 2 small red stripes on the outside, then 2 small white stripe, and in the middle a thick navy blue line.  WKU are the only ones with us with such a pattern so prodominate every where on their home and away jersey.  Simplicity goes a long way in my book.

Well, we are (hopefully) getting new uni's anyway.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

I hope not.  College football is about tradition and passion, not fashion and trying to make money.  Leave the flashy uniforms for the NFL, and keep the college uniforms traditional and classy.  I would like to see navy pants with the away jersey, and a red shirt with white pants for the FIU game.  Actually, for the FIU game why not all red, from the helmets to the pants.  Gotta go big for the first and last "Bury the Stadium in Red" game.
Back to the top

Best home uniforms in SBC

HootinHollerin said

College football is about tradition and passion, not fashion and trying to make money.

Hate to rain on your parade, but college football is ALL about money. Teams change conferences, especially lately.. why? To make more money. Teams add alternate jerseys or maybe change part of their jersey.. why? To get more money. You think teams like UM and Oregon add jerseys because they want to start new traditions? No, they do it because they know their fans will go out and spend money on buying the new jersey or buying a tshirt with the new colors etc…

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I know, that's why I miss the old college football.  And as a 20 year old, that's saying something
Back to the top

Rick said

You really like ours that much??

Why pray tell?

I like that ours doesn't have the same color shirt and pants.

Outside of that, I'd like to see either gray or red for the helmets… although red would probably look a little too much like the "is that orange or red?" UF helmets
Back to the top

I agree with the idea of Navy pants for the away games with the white jersey. Would look more interesting than all white. And a Red jersey for one home game a year (homecoming) would be cool too!
Back to the top

Im fine with our home uni's. I think they have a classic look/

The all white away uni's however………

#vomit

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top
Control functions: