Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Former Owls Coaches

I see that Former OC Darryl Jackson is now the DB coach at Bryant College.  Seriously?!? Our former OC isn't even coaching offense anymore??  No wonder we bottomed out so quickly. 
Back to the top

Re: Former Owls Coaches

that is just pathetic. between angelos and howard, this team lost the 2 years and hopefully this one can be salvaged to respectability.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

I see that Former OC Darryl Jackson is now the DB coach at Bryant College.  Seriously?!? Our former OC isn't even coaching offense anymore??  No wonder we bottomed out so quickly.

Not to be negative, but aside from Howard and Coach Allen, does anyone really care about the old regime and where they end up?

Back to the top

Rick said

fauowls44 said

Not to be negative, but aside from Howard and Coach Allen, does anyone really care about the old regime and where they end up?

I don't really care and I hope they all end up on their feet, but it is reflective of the state of the program the past few years that the guy that was leading our offense is now not only coaching at a lower level, but isn't even coaching offense anymore.  Does it matter now?  No.  But it does explain a lot.
Back to the top

Former Owls Coaches

fauowls44 said

I don't really care and I hope they all end up on their feet, but it is reflective of the state of the program the past few years that the guy that was leading our offense is now not only coaching at a lower level, but isn't even coaching offense anymore.

Yeah, great guy, just not ready for OC…….

He was good at WR though, know one can argue the improvement there when holding that position.

Back to the top

Rick said

fauowls44 said

I don't really care and I hope they all end up on their feet, but it is reflective of the state of the program the past few years that the guy that was leading our offense is now not only coaching at a lower level, but isn't even coaching offense anymore.

He was good at WR though, know one can argue the improvement there when holding that position.

Yeah, but you couldn't really tell how good any of the WRs on the roster were the past few years since the QB and line were so bad.  All I know is the talent and level of coaching really dropped of once Gary Nord left.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Well, with all due respect to Coack Jackson, it's not like he was swatting away offers to coach elsewhere when he was here at FAU. So when you have limited options, you take what you can get and be happy that you can still be coaching football.

Rick said

And Coach V. I hope he lands on his feet somewhere.

Rick said

I believe we were really just trying to save money by not filling holes in the staff and instead making existing coaches pull double duty. That said, I agree that he wasn't ready for the OC position.

fauowls44 said

Yeah, but you couldn't really tell how good any of the WRs on the roster were the past few years since the QB and line were so bad.  All I know is the talent and level of coaching really dropped of once Gary Nord left.

When you're the head coach and one of your assistant coaches isn't performing, you need to step up and cover the gap with your experience.
Back to the top

I think we paid our OC like $90,000 or something…

That is literally laughable.  He obviously was a huge reason for our offensive issues and G. Nord deserved more credit than he ever got from the average fan.  This is where HS is accountable, he should have stepped in and made sure the offense ran properly.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Rick said

And Coach V. I hope he lands on his feet somewhere.

Van was a great guy…how'd I forget him?!

Shame on me!

The cool thing about Coach Van was how he would talk to you when interviewing him…open  book all the time….words galore.

Back to the top

walty12 said

I think we paid our OC like $90,000 or something…

That is literally laughable.  He obviously was a huge reason for our offensive issues and G. Nord deserved more credit than he ever got from the average fan.  This is where HS is accountable, he should have stepped in and made sure the offense ran properly.

Spot on.
Back to the top
Control functions: