Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Stadium Area Parking Garage Set to Begin Construction in July 2012

Add topic

Florida Atlantic University (FAU) selected Kaufman Lynn Construction as the construction manager for the site development and construction of a 1,000 car parking garage to be located on the university's Boca Raton campus just west of the new football stadium. The garage will be designed to accommodate future expansion as well as ground floor retail.

"We are excited to partner with FAU once again and are committed to build a garage that will serve the needs of the university for many years to come," says Michael Kaufman, president and CEO of Kaufman Lynn Construction.

Kaufman Lynn's previous projects with FAU include the construction of the Marleen and Harold Forkas Alumni Center (a 13,000 square foot Alumni Center with office space, classrooms, meeting room and conference area), the Recreation & Fitness Center (a 60,000 square foot facility with locker rooms, gym/athletic courts, athletic training room, yoga/fitness room, a public common area, and a pool area with a full deck and landscaping) and the Wimberly Library Expansion (a five story cast-in-place concrete/masonry library addition featuring a café and study rooms).

By contracting with Kaufman Lynn, FAU has gained not only useful facilities, but award-winning buildings as well. The Recreation & Fitness Center was the 2010 Building of America Gold Medal Award Winner, and winner of the Construction Association of South Florida (CASF) 2009 Craftsmanship Award.

The budget for FAU's new 1,000 car garage is $10.5 million. Construction for the garage is expected to start in July 2012 with a completion date of April 2013. Future expansion of the garage will be pending.
Back to the top

Re: FAU Stadium Area Parking Garage Set to Begin Construction in July 2012

FAU Stadium Area Parking Garage Set to Begin Construction in July 2012

Rick said

Construction for the garage is expected to start in July 2012 with a completion date of April 2013. Future expansion of the garage will be pending.

Good find.

I assume that future expansion means they're going to build one of the two parking structures shown in the picture, with the other one coming on a year or two after. That would make sense if what HooterinHollerin' said was true about the IVA-style Greek Housing being placed where the second phase of IVA was supposed to go. If that went up by 2015, then it would make sense to bring the second phase of the parking structure with it and have it start construction in 2014 to finish in 2015.

Isn't this the plan, Hootin'? The Auburn-style housing?

On a related note, one of the bio/eco clubs (I think their name was SEEDS) built a nature trail through the preserve back there called TORTUGA TRAIL. You can enter from North University Drive or Lot 5. I walked it before the Spring Game. Takes about a half hour to do the whole thing. It's a work in progress, and it's a nice effort, although when these new parking garages open up, they're going to have to change it. Ironically, one of the reasons why they built it was an attempt to stave off construction there and help people make more of a natural connection to the area.

Oops.
Back to the top

Yes sir that is the plan.  It will look like IVA only look more Greek looking though, with Roman pillars infront of the doors, etc…
Back to the top

So whats that buidling behind the garages that looks like it buts up to the Stadium Tower?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

So whats that buidling behind the garages that looks like it buts up to the Stadium Tower?

The new 10,000 seat basketball arena.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

That's what I'm talking about!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Owl2Doc said

Wow,

Whats the ETA on that?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

dusky256fc said

Owl2Doc said

Wow,

Whats the ETA on that?

Ha! Hasn't even been approved  >:(

I want the arena just as much as everyone else, but I was kinda hoping that at the very least, they'd put bathrooms at the baseball stadium before they construct anything else

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

I want the arena just as much as everyone else, but I was kinda hoping that at the very least, they'd put bathrooms at the baseball stadium before they construct anything else

+1

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I wish I went to this school 15 years from now when all of this while finally be complete
Back to the top
Control functions: