Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Former FAU Assistant Coach Hired by FIU

Add topic

According to Brian Rowitz of ESPN 760, on Twitter. Mike Balado, the former assistant under Rex was hired by Pitino at FIU

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Former FAU Assistant Coach Hired by FIU

They depart after this year.

So, we'll see him one time…

Back on his old stomping grounds…life is strange like that!
Back to the top

Balado is a good guy and I hope he has a bright future ahead of him in this sport. I just can't ever root for anyone who is employed at FIU

Back to the top

Jab979 said

Balado is a good guy and I hope he has a bright future ahead of him in this sport. I just can't ever root for anyone who is employed at FIU

Great hire for FIU.  Balados a good guy for sure - but Ill never root for him at FIU, even though I like him.

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

Great guy, great recruiter. Is he the number 1 assistant? I would assume so or it's not a step up for him.

I fully expect the students to get some chants going at him against us at home. I feel like he cheated on me.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

I fully expect the students to get some chants going at him against us at home

I don't know if there are any students who were around when he was here. This is going to be Jarvis' 5th season I think, right? Maybe some grad students are around who know who he is but that would probably be it. Rex hasn't been the HC since '08

Back to the top

Former FAU Assistant Coach Hired by FIU

TeamBeer said

Great guy, great recruiter. Is he the number 1 assistant? I would assume so or it's not a step up for him.

I fully expect the students to get some chants going at him against us at home. I feel like he cheated on me.

What evidence is there that the guy is a great recruiter??  We weren't exactly racking up wins when he was here…

Back to the top

haaaa I totally thought I was talking about Matt McCall  ;D My bad. Now HE is a great recruiter.

I couldn't figure out why he would leave UF for this job!!

Balado..just a nice guy.
Back to the top

thats hilarious!

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top
Control functions: