Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU AD Interviews

Alright I know there is another thread with the list of candidates, but I have heard some rumblings about who has been interviewed so far, so I thought I would share.

First guy is Pat Chun, who is the Executive Associate Athletics Director for External Relations at Ohio State. I heard that he has a great plan to bring in revenue for the program.

The next guy is Jim Earle, (I'm assuming) the former Pittsburgh associate athletic director for new business and fan development. I can't really find anything about him on the internet, and he isn't listed on Pittsburgh's website, but here is some press release about ticket sales.

Finally, Bill Chaves the AD at Eastern Washington.

Keep in mind, this is just what I have heard.
Back to the top

Re: FAU AD Interviews

With your knowledge of College Football and based on the rumors you've heard, who is your choice for the AD job?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

FAU AD Interviews

Also, the other candidate that has interviewed  is Ed Stewart. He is the Associate Athletic Director for Administration at Missouri and a former Nebraska football player. According to his bio… " The team captain of the 1994 Nebraska National Championship Football Team, Stewart was named the Big Eight Conference Defensive Player of the Year."

Back to the top

Jab979 said

With your knowledge of College Football and based on the rumors you've heard, who is your choice for the AD job?

Stewart or Chun. I like Stewart because he is a former football player and from a big school. In terms of Chun, he would be coming from one of the best athletic departments around.
Back to the top

FAU said

First guy is Pat Chun, who is the Executive Associate Athletics Director for External Relations at Ohio State. I heard that he has a great plan to bring in revenue for the program.

"In his current role, Chun has overseen a 20 percent increase annually in overall giving to the Ohio State Department of Athletics, totaling $117.8 million in three years. This was accomplished through the completion of fundraising campaigns for approximately $22 million in capital projects, including: $10.5 million basketball practice facility enhancement and renovation; $6.25 million outdoor football fields/beautification project; $3.1 million outdoor tennis facility; $1 million field hockey venue; $1 million turf replacement for baseball stadium. Chun was also a member of the core athletics department senior team that authored and consummated the largest multi-media rights deal in intercollegiate athletics history: a 10-year, $128 million partnership with IMG College in 2009.

The 2010-11 year featured many new heights for the Department of Athletics. The development team eclipsed the $40 million mark in overall fundraising…

Chun excelled in his position as the Director of the Buckeye Club, where he started his career in development in 2002. He managed the annual fund drive for three years, a period during which it generated over $22 million.

In 2005, Chun was named Director of Development with a focus on major gift fundraising for endowments and capital projects. He took a leadership role in the fundraising and completion of the $21 million football facility renovation and enhancement project. Soon after, Chun was promoted to Assistant Athletics Director for Development. During this time his efforts helped ensure the completion of three key capital projects: a $5.1 million softball stadium project, $3 million boathouse and $3.3 million indoor tennis facility. "

Granted, this was at Ohio State where people can't donate money fast enough but still.. this guy seems like a fundraising machine.
Back to the top

Bring in a person to raise cash for sthletics and keep Melissa to run the day to day stuff. she has done great in that respect so far. Invest and grow FAU. STOP being cheap, look at where that has gotton FAU athletics!
Back to the top

I don't know Pat Chun from a hill of beans, but I heard from someone at FAU whom I have great respect for who said Pat Chun would be exactly what is needed.  And that person knows exactly what is needed so I am going with Pat Chun…which probably means that will not be who is chosen  :o
Back to the top

fauowl said

I don't know Pat Chun from a hill of beans, but I heard from someone at FAU whom I have great respect for who said Pat Chun would be exactly what is needed.  And that person knows exactly what is needed so I am going with Pat Chun…which probably means that will not be who is chosen  :o

LOL so true…

and sad at the same time.
Back to the top

Even though this is an AD and not a coach we're talking about I think a guy like Chun with the Ohio State pedigree attached to his name would be great for us.  Buckeye fans are diehard and I know there are plenty in FL.  Hopefully his name would encourage them to check out FAU and eventually start supporting it, both physically and financially. 

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

duder said

Even though this is an AD and not a coach we're talking about I think a guy like Chun with the Ohio State pedigree attached to his name would be great for us.  Buckeye fans are diehard and I know there are plenty in FL.  Hopefully his name would encourage them to check out FAU and eventually start supporting it, both physically and financially.

No chance.  Ohio State fans don't know who this guy is, any more than the average FAU fan knows who Melissa Daswson is.  Nobody is enough of a fan of an Assistant AD to follow their career when they leave their favorite program.  For the most part, these people come and go from Universities all the time as they look for the next upward move in their career. 
Back to the top
Control functions: