Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Coach Mike Jarvis' Thoughts on New Team

Add topic

FAU men’s basketball failed to repeat as conference champs because they didn’t care enough. That’s head coach Mike Jarvis’s theory, anyway.

“We had too many guys thinking about themselves,” he said. “Very selfish team this year. So next year hopefully we’ll have a very unselfish team.”

Six freshmen recruits and two transfers make up the core of what Jarvis believes will be a more focused team in 2012-2013. A team with players from “winning programs” that has the right priorities on the court, he says.

“Our mindset’s gotta be…. I’m not worried about how many points I’m gonna get,” Jarvis says. “I’m not worried about how many minutes I’m playing. I’m not worrying about how many shots I get. I’m not worrying about how pretty I look. I wanna win the game.”

“That’s what I hope the difference will be.”

A list of the new players, with comments from Jarvis on each:

PG Stefan Moody- 5’9 160 (Poinciana HS)

Full Story

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: FAU Coach Mike Jarvis' Thoughts on New Team

:D. It's looking up!  We're gona be really tall for the belt.

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

come on guys, you gotta admit this pretty pathetic for Jarvis to say this sh!t. These were all his recruits. He should have coached them to be team players.

As for the all the recruits, who has a bigger recruiting class, football or basketball this year? i was dying laughing. There's so many kids coming. They all sound great on paper.

I'll be on the bandwagon in mid january during a 9 game sun belt win streak for sure. We'll shall see if it lasts!!!!!
Back to the top

Still a better product than anything Rex or Do-ty ever put on the court here.

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

Deandre Rice was the man though. No arguing with that.......
Back to the top

Ok the Rice box was good, i can't argue that.  But as a whole the Jarvis Product is far superior.  I would love to watch us play one of Rex's squads.

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

PowerOwl said

Ok the Rice box was good, i can't argue that.  But as a whole the Jarvis Product is far superior.  I would love to watch us play one of Rex's squads.

+1

Would love to see that T-Rex "other guy" @rse get whacked LIVE!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Rick said

PowerOwl said

+1

Would love to see that T-Rex "other guy" @rse get whacked LIVE!

Yes, and to watch him lay on the floor in shame!

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

Hahaha! That was absolutely hysterical! Watching him just sprawled out across the floor hahaha

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

FAU Coach Mike Jarvis' Thoughts on New Team

Jab979 said

Hahaha! That was absolutely hysterical! Watching him just sprawled out across the floor hahaha

Trying to find that photo…i know BMarkey got it…there are a couple on the forum….
Back to the top
Control functions: