Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Changes to the Rat's Mouth & Other "Gameday Experiences"

SGA recently had an "open forum" on campus to talk about improvements that could be made to student's gameday experience.  President Robert Huffman and VP April Turner (who's in the search committee for the new AD) did a great job of hearing us students out and being our voice to the Athletics. Dept. and the higher ups.  You can see the ideas students had on this Facebook event page:
Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

Scroll down to see several ideas sent by a couple of us students that are also Owlsnest members.  Then check out the latest post, made by SGA where they go over all the ideas and concerns that they've heard that they plan to work on.  Some of the ideas include new traditions, my favorites being, touching the Owlsley statue's beak for good luck before every game and dressing up/offering a "sacrifice" from "the other team" to the Schnelly statue.  I love the sacrifice idea, as it can be an hilarious opportunity for us students to poke fun of other schools as we get ready to host them.  Talks of adding a Pelini Panini to the cafe was thrown out there (maybe they can put it in the new Subway, which will be making paninis), adding banners to the Breezeway made by fraternities and sororities for the week of home games, and how to improve with the current traditions we have.
One of the biggest discussions was whether or not the Rat's Mouth should be relocated.
There are many more things that came up at this event and on it's page, so make sure to check it out!
Back to the top

Re: Changes to the Rat's Mouth & Other "Gameday Experiences"

Get this to Pelini, what a great tradition and FAU has a massive international student population.

Back to the top

Get the gal at 1:53 on the Dance Team as well!

;D
Back to the top

Changes to the Rat's Mouth & Other "Gameday Experiences"

Nice idea, looks like they had a lot fof fun both teaching and learning! GREAT IDEA!

And what a cutie too!
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Get this to Pelini, what a great tradition and FAU has a massive international student population.

Wow, that's really amazing! The Football Essentials clinic is really to teach the freshmen about how the game works and all our traditions but it should be open to everybody, including our foreign exchange students.

Oh, and +1 to the comment about the girl at 1:53.
Back to the top

The location of the Rats Mouth has been changed, but we do not know where yet. And the paper work student organizations fill out for each tailgate have now been scrapped.
Back to the top

that's awesome! let them tailgate like everyone else…I don't have to fill out safe food handling surveys before I tailgate, don't make them, they're adults.

I once got drunk at a fondue party and accidentally ate a piece of raw chicken, I'm still alive. I'm sure OwlDoc can expand on the bacteria killing qualities of booze in your stomach :) The college kids will be just fine.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

I think this would be a great idea for Pelini to do. To spend all that time and effort on their behalf would show them that we like having them here and encourage them to take part in school activities. I assume FAU still has an International Students Union. Foreign students probably feel safe in a club like that but an event like this would take them out of their comfort zone and they could have a lot of fun.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

that's awesome! let them tailgate like everyone else…I don't have to fill out safe food handling surveys before I tailgate, don't make them, they're adults.

Agreed.

TeamBeer said

I once got drunk at a fondue party and accidentally ate a piece of raw chicken, I'm still alive. I'm sure OwlDoc can expand on the bacteria killing qualities of booze in your stomach :) The college kids will be just fine.

I appreciate the confidence, although I'm still a med student and someone like m2hos (an actual physician) would be better equipped to step in and answer that one.

That said, I actually had a girl say something similar recently; she told me that she got food poisoning from some sushi which she thought couldn't happen because she drank a lot of sake. Guess not, eh? All I know at this point is that while alcohol kills some bacteria, it doesn't kill all, and it obviously doesn't kill all food-borne viruses either.

Our Parasitology/Mycology professor especially warned us against eating homemade sausage or "fresh-picked" Florida wild mushrooms, both of which people may try to persuade you to eat at a cookout. That's in addition to all the terrible stuff you can get from hamburgers, hotdogs, fish, fruits and veggies, custards, and so on… Microbiology is a terrifying field, and I can show you why, but I doubt you'd want to see.

Point is, cook your food thoroughly and don't roll the dice by drinking a bunch of beer to cover up suspect tailgating food  8)

Back to the top

HootinHollerin said

The location of the Rats Mouth has been changed, but we do not know where yet. And the paper work student organizations fill out for each tailgate have now been scrapped.

Word. Let us know what you find out.
Back to the top
Control functions: