Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football Picked 9th in Sun Belt by Athlon Sports

Yep, it's that time again already…when everyone gives their opinion on how things will pan out on the gridiron during the upcoming year.

Athlon Sports is just about repeating last year's prognosis with a 9th place finish for The Owls:

These guys pegged the Owls to finish 1-7, 1-11 last time around in 2011 and were spot on overall, while being one game off in the league standings.

One likely rationale for "repeat performance" is while FAU should close the gap significantly, they could still struggle to pull out games, losing by 6 points or less.

I would almost agree with this assessment, but simply do not believe that this team will practically repeat it's most forgettable year on the field.

It simply can't happen again. There is too much on the line, both from a player, coaching, and pride perspective.

You can see their 2012 League write up here: Sun Belt Football 2012 Predictions

Back to the top

Re: FAU Football Picked 9th in Sun Belt by Athlon Sports

We do need a lot to happen for us to be a lot better this year we just lack talent in so many spots. My only hope is the fact SunBelt teams seem to turn it around quickly in many cases in the past.
I hope we are not saying this next year

Back to the top

This is stupid, no chance that MTSU wins only 3, and WKU wins only 5.  They know nothing and are just using last year's standings as the main justification for this year's predictions.
Back to the top

FAU Football Picked 9th in Sun Belt by Athlon Sports

HootinHollerin said

This is stupid, no chance that MTSU wins only 3, and WKU wins only 5.  They know nothing and are just using last year's standings as the main justification for this year's predictions.

They predicted our final record last season…….

Just sayin'!
Back to the top

HootinHollerin said

The Belt is the hardest conference to predict. WKU did lose Bobby Raniey and MTSU does not much coming back Troy will be the most improved team in my opinion and i think ULL will fall off they lost two of their best players
Back to the top

They did guess us right last year, but we should've seen it coming.  We were the only ones in the nation that were in denial about how bad it was going to be.  And I agree that the SBC has to be the hardest conference to predict, with so many temas season's being decided on one or two players.
Back to the top

HootinHollerin said

They did guess us right last year…

;D

Yep…

And we drank the Kool-Aid!

Back to the top

In all fairness I don't think it was that hard to predict our record last year.  We all knew we were going to be bad, I think I was predicting 2-3 wins, leaning more towards 2.  I hope all these polls continue to put us last though, it allows us to fly under the radar and suprise teams, as well as putting a chip on the team's shoulder and making them go out and prove everyone wrong.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

We do need a lot to happen for us to be a lot better this year we just lack talent in so many spots. My only hope is the fact SunBelt teams seem to turn it around quickly in many cases in the past.
I hope we are not saying this next year

LOL on the video.  We need a QB to play QB to be better than last year is all we need.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Anything is an inprovement.  I think we win 4-5 games this year and go on from there.  I'm excited to see what Bo uh I mean Carl can put together.  Especially with german coming aboard.  But, I don't think that the predictions are that far off either. 

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top
Control functions: