Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

What are your predictions for FAU Football in 2012?

What are your predictions for FAU Football in 2012?

With Rick's post from Athlon Sports which has FAU Football finishing at 9th place in the Sunbelt–which is total B.S.!

What are your predictions for FAU Football for 2012?

Here is the link to our schedule:  index.php?topic=40525.0

I personally think that based on the fact that we have a new coaching staff, new offensive and defensive play book and new attitude that we will catch teams off-guard.  Teams will have a tough time preparing for FAU.

My prediction is for an overall record of 6 & 6 and a Sunbelt record of 5 & 3.

GO OWLS! 
Back to the top

Re: What are your predictions for FAU Football in 2012?

I be happy with a five hundred record. 5-7 could be our record if German doesn't start. 
Back to the top

OWL4EVER said

My prediction is for an overall record of 6 & 6 and a Sunbelt record of 5 & 3.

GO OWLS!

+1

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

It's so hard to take out what I want and wish this team to do, and actually predict what will really happen.  My heart says 7 wins.  My brain says 3.  But then again, if my noggin was right more often, I'd be at Harvard and not FAU  ;D
Back to the top

HootinHollerin said

My heart says 7 wins.  My brain says 3.  But then again, if my noggin was right more often, I'd be at Harvard and not FAU  ;D

Great comment HootinHollerin!  LOL!
Back to the top

Somewhere around 6-6. Plus or minus 1. This is vague but I think we will be fielding a very different team then the past. The SBC teams will take some time to get used to an offense that even I can out guess. I also think the D is being over looked and that is a good thing.
Back to the top

Yup the D was good last year and we really did not lose that much. Add i the JUCO and better than usual standards of the incoming frshman class, together with a more aggressive D putting more pressure on the QB (Henry back on d Line!), pressing DB's NOT giving 10 yards of space and free automatice first downs by the bucketload, and a D more suited to matching (4-2-5) up with the spread O's we always face in conference play.
AND imagine a D not so tired from having to go back out after the O doiNg 6 or 7 three and outs A GAME! Goona be a good year, I call for 7-5 overall, 6-2 Belt!

MTSU O; only 2 returning starters on OL (only 1 300 pounder)
MTSU D; lose 39 of 44 starts from DB's! And lose top 4 tacklers from last year! 2nd game of year, they will now nothing of the new FAU O!
WIN

NTSU O; Lose Dunbar at RB - nuff said there
NTSU D; Lose 9 of top 11 tacklers including 7 of 8 on DB two deep (all 4 starters!) from last year. Ours and theirs 2nd Belt game of year giving them little time to adapt ALL theses new D starters to college ball, let alone our new O! They will have already played LSU, Kansas St. and Troy!
WIN

ULM O; Small OL (one 300 pounder) but good passing game weak running game.
ULM D; Lose 6 starters including top 2 on DL (DL will be small w/267 lb. NT) and top two LB.
Tough Loss

S.AL O; Installing new faster temp O (did not do great in spring). Had played ball control run O.
S.Al. D; Small D line (265 lb. NT)
Have only played 2 FBS level teams in history. We git them after they have played NC St., Miss. St., Troy, and Arky St.!
WIN

Troy O; good QB, explosive O
Troy D; Lose Massaquoi on DL, D awful last year
Tough Loss

WKU O; Lost Rainey - nuff said, he was their entire O he past 3 years
WKU D; Decent D
CLOSE WIN

FIU O; Lose QB and STAR WR Hilton
FIU D; Very good D
Close WIN to send them packing!

L-Lafayette O; lose TE Green, but good O
L-Lafayette D;  lose 7 starters!
Upset WIN!
Back to the top

I can't even think about picking which games we're going to win right now.  Except for Wager (I hope…)    :-\
Back to the top

OWL4EVER said

HootinHollerin said

My heart says 7 wins.  My brain says 3.  But then again, if my noggin was right more often, I'd be at Harvard and not FAU  ;D

Great comment HootinHollerin!  LOL!

Two wins is a bit low. Three would likely be a better's stance…….

Safe, but still some risk to cash in on.

Going a little more aggressive for now, and if an improved offense presents itself in camp might revise:

Two "cupcakes", plus new found discipline and better game management, equates to 4-8 overall and 3-5 in the Belt.

Not seeing any OOC action being winnable aside from the supposed body bag contest against Wagner.

Only thing is, not sure what we will get to "see" out of fall. Likely to remain closed at this point in time…….
Back to the top

Sorry to be Debbie Downer but I'm going to say 2 sunbelt wins and 1 OOC win (Wagner). It's going to take Pelini time to get everyone on the same page and time for him to get his people on the field and implement his style. Most of these kids were used to Howard and his laid back approach. CP is more in your face, light a fire under your ass.

Hope they prove me wrong

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: