Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New Sod for FAU stadium?

Add topic

I was down at Campus today for class, and didn't see the grass on the field? did the ground crew remove the old field, and is laying down a new one? Just curious if anyone can give me a answer.
Back to the top

Re: New Sod for FAU stadium?

Had grass just the other day for the MLL game! Kind of interested to know know myself. Maybe Coach P. and AD Chun got artificial into the budget quickly - HaHa! But most spread teams DO play on the art. stuff to give themselves an even better speed advantage.
Back to the top

New Sod for FAU stadium?

GeorgiaOwl said

Had grass just the other day for the MLL game! Kind of interested to know know myself. Maybe Coach P. and AD Chun got artificial into the budget quickly - HaHa! But most spread teams DO play on the art. stuff to give themselves an even better speed advantage.

You don't want artificial grass at FAU stadium.  The real grass surface is great.  It's a selling point and it makes the stadium unique.  Most, if not all SBC stadiums are turf, and the real grass is a far nicer look. 
Back to the top

Very true and I agree I like REAL grass better. Just making a joke but who knows?
Back to the top

Maybe switching over to mixture of real grass and field turf?
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Probably just general maintenance from the lacrosse all star game.  The field probably got beat up.  Not to mention, they have to reinstall the goal posts.  I'm sure they aren't switching to turf of any kind. 
Back to the top

Thanks fauowls44. Could be that too. I'm pretty sure we'll know soon. enough.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

USMCOWL said

Probably just general maintenance from the lacrosse all star game.  The field probably got beat up.  Not to mention, they have to reinstall the goal posts.  I'm sure they aren't switching to turf of any kind.

^My money's on this.
Back to the top

Me too actually, maybe just a new layer of dirt and sand to grow the turf thicker and repair the MLL damage before football gets in there regularly.
Back to the top

did anyone find out if the field was undergoing general maintenance or are they laying down new sod?
Back to the top
Control functions: