Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New Sentinel FAU Beat Writer: Dieter Kurtenbach

Add topic

New Sentinel FAU Beat Writer: Dieter Kurtenbach

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Photo Kurtenbach

"…a Chicago native and 2010 Missouri School of Journalism graduate, has covered Missouri Tigers athletics for KCOU radio and the Columbia Missourian, Major League Soccer for Comcast SportsNet-Chicago, and lunch orders for ESPN Radio-Chicago. Kurtenbach was part of the Missourian team that earned first place in "Breaking News" at the 2010 Associated Press Sports Editors awards, but his real passion is his constant quest to find the world’s best sandwich..."

Back to the top

Re: New Sentinel FAU Beat Writer: Dieter Kurtenbach

If you are reading this site, welcome Dieter to the Sentinal and to FAU! Great timing for you as FAU is positioning itself to take off - GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Hopefully,  in six months, he won't be able to believe we were the worst team in the nation.
Back to the top

Rick said

Photo Kurtenbach

"…and lunch orders for ESPN Radio-Chicago. .."

If this is a sly little joke thrown in there I like the guy already.
Back to the top

His Twitter says we're targeting this guy:

Back to the top

What's his twitter handle?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

@dkurtenbach

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I'm a twitter fiend, so that's usually the best way to get in touch with me. Feel free to shoot me anything at any time. My email is [email protected] if you can't be contained by the 140 character limit.

I'll be on here, checking out what you guys have to say. I probably won't comment on everything I read, so I guess this is a "beware" sign. I promise I'm not trying to be creepy. I work for the Sun Sentinel and I work for you guys. I need to make both groups happy — I feel fully capable of doing so.

I'm dropping into this beat without much base knowledge. I'm spending July studying so that by the time football season starts, I won't be a jabroni (I'm trying to bring that back, this felt like a good time to drop it.) As the season progresses, I'll be working to see that I do as well.

I've covered a major college beat before, and I'm looking forward to get back into those ranks. I'm not delusional — this season is likely going to suck for the Owls, but, as Albert Camus once said
“There is scarcely any passion without struggle.” As a White Sox and Blackhawks fan, I can assure you that the payoff from years of painstaking fandom is totally worth it. I feel comfortable saying that with FAU, despite the fact I'm 23 — neither I, nor the program, has been around that long.

So again, get in touch with me anyway you care. Tell your friends. Have them tell me I suck. Whatever you guys want.  Have them toss story ideas my way. Anything and everything, I'd like to be the go-to guy.
Back to the top

Welcome aboard!

Strength and Conditioning report would be nice. Coach Pelini is supposed to be a huge fan of it.

Also since your into sandwiches you could chime in on the great FAU Owls Nest sub debate after you've had a chance to eat at both.

Which is better?

620 subs or La Spadas? Both in Boca.  :D

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

dkurtenbach said

I'll be on here, checking out what you guys have to say. I probably won't comment on everything I read, so I guess this is a "beware" sign. I promise I'm not trying to be creepy. I work for the Sun Sentinel and I work for you guys. I need to make both groups happy — I feel fully capable of doing so.

Welcome to the Sun Sentinel, the FAU beat, and also The Nest, Dieter!

We have always had a great relationship with the Sentinel and look forward to that continuing with your arrival.

:)

- Rick
Back to the top
Control functions: