Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Future of BURY THE BURROW IN RED?

Add topic

If FIU refuses to play us after this season, what should we do for BTBIR?

Make BTBIR the first home conference game of the season.
Make BTBIR the last home game of the season.
Switch BTBIR from FIU to another conference opponent like WKU.
Drop it all together.
Other (write comment below)

You must select between 1 and 15 options

What do you guys think? I'm hoping Chun/Jarvis can negotiate and sign a contract with FIU to continue the series, but at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if they're suddenly "unavailable" to indulge us.
Back to the top

Re: Future of BURY THE BURROW IN RED?

I don't even want to play them. We should be a lot better than them in basketball anyway. We should make it a home game against a nonconference oponent (preferably from the Big Six conferences).

That should be our most fun/exciting games because, with the recruits coming in, and the ones Jarvis should continue to bring in, we should blow away Sun Belt "competition". (all speculation of course)

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

I don't care if we EVER play them again. And in all honesty, they do have an advantage over us now in recruiting just by being  in CUSA. And the new Coach will do MUCH better in ecruiting and game coaching than Coach Thomson (oops!) They will get a lot better in a hurry!
Back to the top

It shouldn't be the first home conference game of year, as that game is always during the Winter break, and no students ever go. I think the BTBIR game should now be reserved for either A. The biggest in state opponent or B. The best/biggest team to visit the Burrow. That might be WKU or MTSU a couple season, and that's alright.
Back to the top

Kinda silly to Bury the Burrow in red vs. WKU when all they wear is red. I don't have a problem Burying the Burrow but if it's vs Troy or WKU it needs to be in blue not red

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I voted "other"  i think we should still bury the burrow in Red when mid majors and above come to the burrow…. the red gets everyone pumped up.

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

Future of BURY THE BURROW IN RED?

HootinHollerin said

It shouldn't be the first home conference game of year, as that game is always during the Winter break, and no students ever go.

Jab979 said

Kinda silly to Bury the Burrow in red vs. WKU when all they wear is red.

Good points.
Back to the top

I think we will still schedule FIU in Basketball and Baseballas OOC once they go into CUSA.  It is by far easier to schudle those two sports then Football and it makes a lot of sense due to the proximity of both schools.

Football is the one that will be hard to do. Those schedules are done a long way out and it will be difficult to work them in even if they do want the series to continue.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

This thread is useless FIU will not want to play us why does it matter.
Back to the top

owlfamily said

Football is the one that will be hard to do. Those schedules are done a long way out and it will be difficult to work them in even if they do want the series to continue.

Right. I actually don't care about playing them in football so much. The Shula Bowl is not worth sacrificing a game against, say, a Wagner or a Duke or something.
Back to the top
Control functions: