Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Demographic of the Owlsnest

Add topic

As a person/poster, which one are you?

FAU student
FAU alumnus
FAU fan

You must select between 1 and 119 options

I thought it would be cool to see what the demographic of the Nest really is. So, I would appreciate it if everyone (member or guest) would vote on this.

Thanks! :)

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Re: Demographic of the Owlsnest

Great idea, just my personal guess but it seems like in the past this  board was dominated by alumni, but lately it seems like we have a lot more students coming on board.

Some more info if anyone wants to expand on this topic:

Graduated: 2003
Profession: Environmental Consultant

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Demographic of the Owlsnest

Graduated: 2006
Profession: Graphic / Packaging Designer
Back to the top

I was never a F/T FAU student. Attended PBCC (99-01), lived on campus (Algonquin and Modoc), joined a fraternity (AETT) but only actually took 1 class at FAU. I never graduated from there so technically I am just a fan, but I'd say a big one at that

Originally From: Long Island, NY

Currently: Boynton Beach

Profession: I work for a Structured Settlement company in Boca, right next to FAU

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

I was never a F/T FAU student. Attended PBCC (99-01), lived on campus (Algonquin and Modoc), joined a fraternity (AETT) but only actually took 1 class at FAU. I never graduated from there so technically I am just a fan, but I'd say a big one at that

That's actually pretty cool, that you are such a strong fan of the Owl's even though you only consider yourself a fan.

As for me;
Graduated: B.A. in Urban and regional Planning '79 (still on campus then)
Location: Cumming, GA (Owl and Bullgog fan - can't lose on Sept. 15 but wearing my Owl jersey!)
Profession: Scanning Coordinator for Ingles Markets
Back to the top

Not an Alumnus either.

My wife graduated back in '94. I was always a Cane fan and when she told me Howard was going to be the coach at FAU I decided to adopt FAU as my 2nd team.

It quickly became my 1st choice as I REALLY enjoyed going to games on a local level and decided to fully invest in the program. Now its FAU #1, Miami #2. FIU #999,999  8)

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Graduated: 1999
Profession: Art Director / Graphic Design
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Jab979 said

That's actually pretty cool, that you are such a strong fan of the Owl's even though you only consider yourself a fan.

As for me;
Graduated: B.A. in Urban and regional Planning '79 (still on campus then)
Location: Cumming, GA (Owl and Bullgog fan - can't lose on Sept. 15 but wearing my Owl jersey!)
Profession: Scanning Coordinator for Ingles Markets

I live and die with this team even if I never technically went to school there. I lived on campus, I was involved in Greek life, was part of the original prowlers (Before Smitty made it what it is). In fact I still have tshirts for the ground breaking of the Oxley and the first ever scrimmage lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Graduated: '94 BA Communications (The year is not indicative of my age–I started late).

Profession: Retired Fortune 500 Telecommunications (effective tomorrow).
Currently:  Trying to help get FAU Merchandising and Licensing/Royalty production to the next level…Will need everyone's participation  ;) 
Back to the top

I read the board everyday but seldom join in. Graduated from FAU in 1977 with a BBA Marketing. Lived on campus in a long ago demolished dorm (#20 I think and can't remember the name). I have season tickets for football and baseball, sometimes go to a basketball game or two. My daughter graduated FAU in 2008. Still living in Boca and am currently CEO of The DelFin Project, Inc., an internet software company. As everyone can imagine there was nothing going on with FAU sports in the mid-1970's so I am very happy to be able to support as many sports as I can on campus.

Go Owls! 
Back to the top
Control functions: