Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

HS might have had a few bad years at the end...

but Joe Pa went down in flames…ouch…

and Penn State just got rocked…40 schollys, 60 mill in penalties, all wins since '98….

That program just got ruined. I wonder when they are going to address UM.

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Re: HS might have had a few bad years at the end...

60M in penalties, that will go to "creating child sex abuse awareness programs around the country"…

They might have avoided the "death penalty" but this is a visit to intensive care at least.
Back to the top

And going from 25 to 15 new scholly signings ayear for 4 years will kill their depth, not to mention the 4 year bowl ban hurting recruiting AND the loss of some of their current roster. Any programs with available scholly's today could prosper, those who don't have any more available won't.
Anybody else here wonder if any of our new Coaches old Big10 connections (or just Ohio for that matter) might make a few calls today?

Ya know Troy and FIU and UM will be!
Back to the top

The fact that players can transfer without having to sit a year will be what really hurts this team.
Back to the top

HS might have had a few bad years at the end...

Send some our way!
Back to the top

Rick said

Send some our way!

As would be our luck, ZERO players from Florida on the PSU roster and only one 2013 commit;

Neiko Robinson - Yahoo! Sports

Shows interest here but no offer in the past. But for PSU to offer he must be pretty good as he would be the only Fl. based player at PSU next year, they do not recruit Florida (at least not under JoPa, maybe now under O'Brien).
Back to the top

Kid looks to have been a bit of a sleeper…and that's about as"Northwest FL" as one can get!
Back to the top

Well Troy and S. Bama are in that area, thus thier offers. Personally I would offer today!
Back to the top

Only other PSU recruit from the south (this time from this years incoming class) is a 3 star dual threat QB from Cairo, GA;

Steven Bench - Yahoo! Sports

He is also listed under "interest" but no offer.
Back to the top

I like the huge fine.  Do something for the victims and abuse awareness moving forward.

What I don't like is that the sanctions can destroy a program and hurt 100s of 1000s of people (students, alumni, fans) who had nothing to do with this tragedy perpetuated by only a few.

That may not be a popular view, but I think that is another tragedy by penalizing so many who had nothing to do with this.

Back to the top
Control functions: